1. Microsoft Health is a new service that helps you live healthier by providing actionable insights based on data gathered from the fitness devices and apps that you use every day. It’s designed to work for you, no matter what phone you have, device you wear, or services you use. Microsoft Health makes tracking personal fitness easier, more insightful, and more holistic. Microsoft Band, the first device powered by Microsoft Health, helps you achieve your wellness goals by tracking your heart rate, steps, calorie burn, and sleep quality. It also helps you be more productive with email previews and calendar alerts – right on your wrist.
2. Microsoft Band works with the phone you own.
iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone? Microsoft Band is designed to be awesome on multiple platforms. With Bluetooth 4.0, your data syncs to your phone in the background, so Microsoft Band is always up to date. You don’t have to log in to get the latest.
3. If you’re using Windows Phone 8.1, ask Cortana to take notes or set reminders with your voice. She’ll give you driving directions and keep you on top of traffic, sports, stocks, weather, and more. She is ready to help whenever you need it. Your very own personal digital assistant looks out for you and makes life easier. Email previews and calendar alerts appear right on your wrist so you know what you have to do and where you have to be even on the go. And with help from Cortana, your productivity will soar.
4. See incoming call and voicemail notifications on your band. Get your text messages right on your wrist and reply with a pre-set instant response. Don’t miss your friend’s latest tweet or Facebook update. Get the latest posts, comments, photo notifications, and personal messages on your band.See them all on your wrist, discreetly and without needing to pull out your phone.
5. Microsoft Band makes it easier to reach your fitness goals. You can track your daily physical activity and review your stats with a glance at your wrist. Just like a personal trainer, Microsoft Band guides you to improved wellness by constantly learning about you, your current fitness level, and your future needs.
– Run: Whether you’re on the treadmill at the gym or outdoors in the rain or sun, you can view your run summary on your band with personalized metrics in the phone app including pace splits and heart rate.
– Steps: Set a goal and track your progress. Microsoft Band calculates the calories you’ve burned and the distance you’ve traveled each day.
– 24-hour heart rate monitor: Gives you a better understanding of your calorie burn, sleep patterns, and peak and resting heart rate so you can perform at your best.
– Calorie tracking: Count the calories you burn each day. View daily or weekly stats, set goals, and receive a virtual “high-five” when you reach them.
– Guided Workouts: Fun and challenging workouts from fitness partners like Gold’s Gym, Shape, and Men’s Fitness with exercise prompts on the band and much more in the app.
– Goal setting: Challenge yourself by setting daily step and calorie goals. Microsoft Band notifies you when you meet them so that you can stay motivated.
– Sleep tracking: When activated, Microsoft Band tracks the length and quality of your sleep. Analyze the sleep charts in your app to gain insights about your slumber.
– Built-in GPS: Measures the distance you’ve run and tracks your pace and route. Save your favorites to retrace your steps and challenge yourself later.
6. The full color touch display is bright and easy to read, even in direct sunlight. Turn on “Watch Mode” to always display today’s time and date without pressing any buttons. Time your laps or your entire workout with the stopwatch. Set alarms to wake up silently or remind you to go for a run. Choose which alerts you get on your wrist. Change the notification settings on your phone and your Microsoft Band will match.
7. No need to reach for your wallet. Enjoy coffee on the go with your Starbucks card ready to scan at arm’s length. This is the result of Microsoft’s collaboration with Starbucks for the Microsoft band.
8. With your choice of background designs and colors, Microsoft Band reflect your personality. Tap the icon on your band to turn all notifications off and enable Do-not-disturb. The battery is supposed to last for 48 hours, and might be altered depending on the GPS use.
9. Microsoft has also partnered with popular fitness apps like:
– Runkeeper: Got a RunKeeper account? Sync your Microsoft Band data with RunKeeper to get a more complete view of your active life with the apps you love.
– Gold’s Gym: Get premium fitness content from Gold’s Gym right on your wrist. Set up and track your results in your app and follow workout prompts on your band.
– MyFitnessPal: Microsoft Band syncs with MyFitnessPal to let you track your overall daily caloric intake and see how many of those calories you use.
10. The Microsoft band comes with a 1 year warranty, is dust and splash resistant, and a thermal plastic elastomer with adjustable fit clasp.
*content and pictures are from the official Microsoft website.
You might also like:
11 cool things that the new Apple Watch can do.
Facebook comes up with ‘Rooms’ – a new iOS app | Here’s all you need to know about it!
10 things you need to know about the new Apple iPhone 6