1. “You only spend your whole life with one person, which is yourself. If you don’t like yourself, you will have an issue.”
2. “You can’t fix everything that goes wrong in your life. Sometimes you just have to make the best of the situation and move forward.”
3. “There’s no speed limit on anything (in the metaphorical sense). Graduate at 30? Sure. First kiss at 12? Sure. Divorce at 21? Why not. PhD at 21? Go for it.
A lot of walls exist, and there are walls we can never break down, but some of those walls are walls you build. You have the plans, just knock those down.”
4. “Reasonable minds can differ.
Seriously, there are very smart, well-reasoned people who disagree with almost every opinion and belief you have, and that’s okay.”
5. “The world doesn’t care if you are hurting or broken. It will run over you without blinking.”
6. “You won’t ever reach an age where you will have things figured out completely.
The upside is that there is nothing to wait for; you are as qualified as you are going to get, and as confident as you let yourself be.”
7. “Just because you are busy doesn’t mean you are accomplishing anything.”
8. “You can’t force someone to change. It doesn’t matter how much you care about them or they care about you.”
9. “Your parents are lost, confused, emotionally damaged, and trying to figure life out just like everyone else.”
10. “It’s alright to be wrong. You become a much much better person when you realize this. It takes away a certain degree of selfishness that we all have at some point in our lives.”
11. “No one’s coming. It’s you. You have to make your own life, your own luck, your future. Don’t wait for life to happen to you, you have to go out there and make it happen for yourself.”
12. “It doesn’t matter how smart you think you are if you do not apply yourself. Don’t be lazy, you will never be as happy as you could be otherwise.”
13. “Sometimes your boss isn’t your boss for any decent reason. They may not be smarter than you, nor more skilled. Often they just knew someone. Only stay as long as it benefits you, opportunities don’t always fall into your lap. You have to work for them and hunt them down.”
14. “As you get older you have so much more money to spend on video games and so much less time to play.”
15. “Just because they are adults doesn’t mean they are always right.”
16. “I am apparently not a hummingbird, so my diet of sugar and sugar water is not ideal.”
17. “Even if you are the most deep and spiritual person, who values all of the little things in life, money still matters. A lot.”
18. “Friends really are hard to come by. Find good people, even if you don’t have anything in common, and work to cultivate relationships.”
19. “Religion is powerful, along with a belief in God. That doesn’t mean God exists.”
20. “You are not responsible for what happens to you, but it is your life and you’re the one who needs to pick up the pieces.
A bad childhood or relationship or rotten luck are not excuses to wallow in self pity and blame the world. It is your life and no one is coming to the rescue, but you.”
21. “You will not be rewarded for doing the right thing.”