1. The Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge 2015:
The Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge seeks to identify the next generation of sustainable finance practitioners, connect emerging leaders with industry professionals, and foster even greater emphasis on sustainability at graduate schools around the world. Contestants must propose and defend a strategy that uses finance and investment tools to address an environmental or societal challenge. The competition is an opportunity to apply core finance principles to target the economic, social and environmental challenges that drive the field of sustainable investing. Pitches might focus on areas like water, energy, food, social mobility, climate change, education or healthcare, among others. Contestants are encouraged to apply the entire spectrum of investment tools, styles and asset classes.
Eligibility and Procedure:
– Graduate students from around the world are invited to participate in the Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge. Teams are limited to a maximum of four members, all of whom must be enrolled in a graduate program at the time of the prospectus submission, and the team cannot include more than one member who is pursuing an Executive MBA. A team may include members from different graduate schools.
– All ideas must be the original ideas of the team members. Each team is required to submit a two-page prospectus outlining their proposal. From the submitted prospectuses, ten teams will be selected to present at the finals competition.
– At least one team member should be available to present at the finals competition, if the team is chosen to advance to that round, and all team members attending the finals competition should plan to stay for the entire event. Please note that any team member not in attendance at the finals competition will not share in any prizes awarded to that team.
First place – $10,000
Overall runner up: $5000
All the finalists get a paid trip to London + 2 nights accommodation
Deadline: February 25, 2015
Eligibility and Procedure:
– Students should be studying a Bachelors, Masters or PhD level qualification, or the local equivalent, at a recognized degree awarding institution on a full-time or part-time basis.
– You will have to register in teams of between 3-5 participants. Each team should ideally comprise a diverse range of students from different disciplines, such as engineering, business, finance, science and may ideally also have a mix of men and women, though this is not essential. Each team must appoint a Team Leader.
– There are 3 progressively challenging rounds, then the final in June 2015 when the top selected teams will present their ideas to a panel of Airbus and industry experts.
The winners will share the top prize of €30,000 and the runners up will share €15,000.
Deadline: November 24, 2014
3. Brandstorm – L’Oreal:
Brandstorm is L’Oréal’s unique business competition for students to unleash their creativity and apply ground-breaking ideas to one of L’Oréal’s international brands and distribution channels. Since 1992 Brandstorm has given to more than 70,000 students worldwide the possibility to work on real life challenges and be coached by top L’Oréal executives.
– L’Oréal Brandstorm is a game for UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS with an interest in marketing. Undergraduate students eligible to participate must be in the final 2 years of their studies. They should not yet have acquired considerable professional experience (except for internships, apprenticeships and summer job experiences).
– Students attending an MBA or a Doctorate programme cannot participate (exception for the Post Graduate courses in India).
– Students have to register in teams of 3 players. Members of a team must all be enrolled at the same school or university (students participating in an international exchange programme, e.g. Erasmus or exchange students can participate for the host university). The students can register as teams or be grouped into teams by the local HR Manager.
First place: €10,000
Second place: €5000
Third place: €2500
All three teams get a paid team trip to the destination of their choice.
You should also check out:
Top 4 international internships this week | Georgia Tech, NASA, Brown University and French Embassy.
Internships at Morgan Stanley | For all the Technology and Investment Banking enthusiasts – Apply today!
Top 3 Corporate Competitions to watch out for this week | From IIT Bombay, Wipro and MuSigma.