1. Software Engineer, Amazon
You will be working on products and solutions that enable us to place highly effective advertisements on a variety of Publishing sources – websites, Mobile apps, Tablet apps, gaming devices, TVs etc. You will be competing in a cutting edge space with other Advertising giants like Google, Yahoo, Facebook and a Microsoft with your products, and have tremendous business impact.
As an SDE working in the Advertising team, you will not only be responsible for creative input into algorithms that maximize our revenue from Advertising, but you will also develop them in an Object Oriented and scalable way. The software that you design and develop will provide the highly reliable, low cost marketing solutions to Amazon.com, and other advertisers. Who knows, you might power the advertisements on the next Facebook. You will be dealing with high transaction systems and web services supporting thousands of transactions per second.
- Candidates must have a strong Computer Science background.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is a must.
- Fresher or 1+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in Java OR C++, and Object-oriented Design
- Strong in Data Structures, Algorithms
- Must show strong ownership, bias for action and product sense.
- Understanding of XML, JS, CSS, HTML, and web application development is desirable.
- Master’s degree or relevant work experience
- Perl, SQL and experience with Linux
- Will have experience designing and supporting large-scale distributed systems in a production environment
- Ideal candidates will show excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- Experience on web development focusing on mobile form factors would be an added advantage.
2. Graduate Engineer, HP