Since 2003, Google Code Jam has brought together professional and student programmers from all over the world to put their skills to the test in multiple online rounds of intense, algorithmic puzzles. Code Jam 2016 Registration is now open!
The Contest consists of two competition tracks: Code Jam and Distributed Code Jam.
– Code Jam has 5 rounds: a qualification round, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, and a final round.
– You must qualify for Round 3 of Code Jam to qualify for Distributed Code Jam.
– Distributed Code Jam has 3 rounds: Round 1, Round 2, and a final round. The qualification round, Round 1, Round 2, and Round 3 of each track will be conducted online.
– The final round of each track will take place at the Google office in New York, New York, USA, or such other location as Google may designate.
As a finalist, Google will pay for certain expenses related to your travel to and participation in the final round as described below. You must submit to Google or its designated agent within 45 days after the final round any eligible expenses you want reimbursed with detailed receipts and any documentation requested by Google; otherwise, your expenses will not be reimbursed. You are responsible for all other expenses.
- (A) Visa. You are responsible for obtaining your own visa prior to arrival to the final round; however, Google will reimburse you for any visa application fee and up to $100 USD in travel expenses incurred each way in obtaining the visa. Google will not reimburse any fees or expenses related to obtaining a passport.
- (B) Flight. As a finalist, you will receive round-trip coach class air transportation from the major airport nearest your residence on a flight selected by Google. If you want to fly from an airport other than the major airport nearest your residence or on a flight other than the flight selected by Google, you will have to pay for the difference in cost. If Google changes the location of the final round, you are not entitled to any difference in the cost of airfare paid by Google. Google will reimburse you for the cost to travel to and from each airport up to $50 USD each way.
- (C) Accommodations. As a finalist, you will receive hotel accommodations for one at a hotel of Google’s choice for the duration of the final round.
- (D) Meals. As a finalist, Google will reimburse you for the cost of your meals up to $30 USD per day on days you are travelling to and from the Contest and up to $60 USD per day on non-travel days during the final round.
1. Code Jam T-Shirt. You are eligible to receive one t-shirt if:
(A) you are one of the top-scoring 1000 contestants from Code Jam Round 2; or
(B) you are the winner of Code Jam 2015 and eligible to participate in the final round pursuant to Section 3.1(E)(3) (Last Year’s Winner); or
(C) you are one of the top-scoring 500 contestants from Distributed Code Jam Round 1.
2. Code Jam Cash Prizes. You are eligible to receive one of the following cash prizes if you advance to, attend, and compete in the final round of Code Jam.
|1st Place||$15,000 USD|
|2nd Place||$2,000 USD|
|3rd Place||$1,000 USD|
|4th—26th Place||$100 USD|
3. Distributed Code Jam Cash Prizes. You are eligible to receive one of the following cash prizes if you advance to, attend, and compete in the final round of Distributed Code Jam.
|1st Place||$5,000 USD|
|2nd Place||$1,000 USD|
|3rd Place||$500 USD|