With ever-changing technologies & methodologies, the competition today is much greater than ever before. The industrial scenario needs constant technical enhancements to cater to the rapid demands. If you are an engineering student or pursuing graduate/post-graduate level degree then you may have already heard the term “Summer Internship”. An internship is important because it is the best way to acquire and clear your concepts about your respective fields.
What does Ernst & Young offer?
- Internships at EY aim to provide young professionals with a platform where they can gain exposure to a vibrant and challenging work environment during their academic studies.
- EY Internship programs offer you a number of different options, from a two-week Work Experience Program to a year-long Industrial Placement.
- The company recruits students for Internship Programs through university campuses.
Who can apply?
- All students undergoing B.Tech /B.E / MCA, M.Sc. IT, B.Sc.IT, BCA, PGDCA
- Graduate students can also apply.
- Students in 6th semester year can undergo this program to do Industrial Training, as a mandatory part of their curriculum.
Students who are keen to join can apply by:
You need to register on the company website after which you can search for and apply to available internship opportunities.
Mailing the HR executive:
Find a previous/current EY employee/intern and ask her to provide you with the HR’s email address. Mail the HR directly clearly stating your purpose, with a strong cover letter and resume.
Through a referral:
If you know someone who works at EY, ask her to provide you with a referral. You can even find some employees through Facebook or LinkedIn for this.
The aftermath- be patient and wait for it.
EY initially shortlists candidates based on their CGPAs, skills, experience and the interview. After you apply, all you can do is wait and hope for the best.
The shortlisted candidates are called for a telephonic interview which lasts for 30-45 minutes. This is followed by an in-office interview which consists of both technical and HR questions. Technical questions mostly pertain to the individual projects which you had done in the past. HR questions are mainly focused on your behavioural competency with the company.
Go ahead, apply to this lucrative opportunity! Let us know your views in the comments. And in the meantime, explore our own range of offerings for summer internships in 2018.