Highlights sent by the IIM Calcutta Placement Committee:
– The Summer Placement process concluded in record time of 2.6 days placing 453 students, one of the largest batches across all IIMs
– More than 250 firms had confirmed participation at IIM Calcutta this year, but only 140 firms could make offers due to the process ending ahead of schedule
– A phenomenal 378 offers were made in Slot 0 (which consists of Day 0 and Day 1) an all-time record across the IIMs
– More than 45% offers came from Finance and Consulting – the largest recruiters. 25% offers came from Finance while 20% offers came from Consulting. Bullish hiring by the finance firms has helped IIM Calcutta solidify its position as “The Finance campus of India”
– 38 offers were made by McKinsey & Company, BCG, Bain & Company and A.T. Kearney, the highest in the last 3 years
– Firms making the highest number of offers included: Amazon (22), Accenture (17), BCG (15), Alshaya (13)
– Moelis & Co, Roland Berger and Alvarez & Marsal were the prominent new recruiters this time. CEB, Moelis & Co, Decimus Financial, etc. hired exclusively from IIM Calcutta.
There has been a significant increase in the number of front-end IBD roles on offer
Several BFSI firms hired exclusively from IIM Calcutta.
The maximum offers in consulting were made by Accenture Strategy with 17, closely followed by The Boston Consulting Group at 15 and Bain & Co at 10.
Continuing the trend, almost all the major FMCG firms have shown great interest in recruiting from IIM Calcutta for various roles
Amazon made the highest number of offers, at 22
IIM Calcutta has emerged as a preferred campus for those looking for careers in the media industry
This article has been adapted from InsideIIM.
You should also check out:
IIFT finishes summer placements with record international offers; Average stipend sees a whopping 35% increase.
IIM Indore wraps up summer placements with 153 companies; Average salary increases by 40%
XLRI completes summer placements in a record time of 3.5 days; Paid internships for all 365 students.