United Nations believes in Volunteerism. And if you do too, apply for the position of Communication Intern at United Nations, right now! If you believe in the power of contribution and that the world can have peace and development when all of us are united, join UN. Learn and earn an experience that will not only shine brightly on your resume but also light up some one’s world.
Spotlight: Communication Intern At United Nations
Location: New Delhi
Duration: 53 Days
Application Deadline: November 2, 2017
No. of Openings: 2
Stipend: Rs. 0
Selected intern’s day-to-day responsibilities include:
Under the overall supervision of the UN Volunteers in India and directly reporting to the Programme Officer, the communication intern at United Nations will provide support for activities relating to communications, advocacy, media and resource mobilization. Duties will include but not be limited to: –
- Writing and editing of UN Volunteers website stories from India
- Helping with the editing of additional website content information. Translating items for the UN Volunteers India website including Twitter posts, press releases and media briefings. Update website content.
- Assist in running a social media campaign to increase UN Volunteer India’s presence on social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Assist in translating IEC material
- Produce issues-based print stories for the website that communicate UN Volunteer India’s priorities and objectives
- Contribute to the development of printed communication materials, including editing images/photos and layout
- Assist in updating UN Volunteers India’s profiles on social networks (Facebook, YouTube, Flickr) with information about project activities and events
- Assist in writing press releases and blog entries
- Assist in the organization and updating of photo library and creation of video library
- Assist in organizing events
- Any other technical and operational assistance appropriate and required by the UN Volunteer India Office
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- Fluent in English
- Medically insured
Why Should I Opt For An Internship At United Nations
Such opportunities are beneficial for individuals in any field because of the following reasons:
- To provide support in Communication of UN Volunteers India.
- To provide a framework to students by which their educational experience is enhanced through practical work assignments
- To expose them to an International environment
- To expose them to the work of the organization with the objective of deepening their knowledge and understanding of UNDP’s goals, principles and activities
- To provide UNDP India office with the assistance of qualified students specialized in various professional fields
The selected interns will be responsible for screening, scheduling, interviewing, short-listing and selection of teaching graduates from different sources (campus/ open market) as per teacher education needs in their 100+ partner affordable English medium schools spread across different locations within Pune city.
About The Company
United Nations Volunteers (UNV) is the nodal UN agency that contributes to peace and development worldwide through volunteerism. UNV believes in ‘Volunteerism for Development’. The concept of volunteerism for development centres on optimizing volunteerism’s impact on peace and development. Achieving this, requires the cooperation and commitment of the public sector, civil society and the private sector with support from the United Nations system and the world community. Individual citizens also have an important role to play through volunteering. Every day, individuals are engaged in development initiatives through volunteer actions, both large and small, in an effort to improve conditions for others and themselves. Volunteerism by many millions of people is critical to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
All the interested candidates can apply for this fantabulous internship here. For more college life, success tips and internship postings, stay tuned to the blog. Post your queries, opinions and suggestions in the comments section below.
– Happy interning!