In 2017, 74% of all internet traffic will be video.
Consider these other startling stats:
- Videos receive 3 billion views a day on Facebook – which tripled from 1 billion views in June 2014.
- 65% of video viewers watch more than 3/4 of a video
- 69% of smartphone users use videos to make a purchase decision
If you want to become a social media or marketing rockstar, you better know how to use video in your campaigns.
These videos don’t have to be polished or have special effects. Think of the types of videos you like to watch on Youtube or Facebook – usually these are simply filmed with a smartphone with little to no editing.
Personal and unfiltered content resonates with fans (think behind-the-scene views). Like photography, developing an eye for capturing video on the fly takes practice.
Here are 5 tips to make your next video stand out:
- Film in landscape mode.
Otherwise, there will be those awful vertical black bars on either side of your video.
- Make sure your subject is well lit.
Position the subjects of your filming so that the camera is nearest the window and it captures the light shining on to the subject.
- Film in a quiet location if you need to capture audio.
If you are interviewing someone, get as close to them as possible.
- Use a tripod or steady your hands.
Always hold the camera with both hands, and keep your elbows as close to your body as possible, preferably rested on your waist.
- Do not use the digital zoom.
Digital zoom is just software trick that makes your subject appear closer but not without copious amounts of pixelation. Instead, walk toward your subject.
Want to practice your video skills and get paid for it?
You can create videos for 3 cool brands, Oakley, TrulyMadly and Frankly.me! Earn up to Rs. 1000 from these campaigns.
- Download Yink from Google Play (supports Android 4.0 and above).
- Register as a user.
- Connect your social profiles to increase your score. (Go to your profile and tap on the red circle)
- Join a campaign and get started!
- Your submissions will be verified within 48 hours.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.