1. 2015 International Student Essay Contest and Global Youth Forum, United Nations
About: Enter your essay to win a FREE trip to New York and speak at the United Nations.
Eligibility: Entries must be in an official language of the United Nations that is not your first language and was not your principal language of instruction during your primary or secondary education. To enter, you must be a full-time university student and must be 18 years of age or older by April 15, 2015. Your participation must be sponsored by a Faculty Member or Authorized Representative at the university you are currently attending.
Prizes: 70 Students from around the world will be selected as delegates to the 2015 United Nations Academic Impact Global Youth Forum where they will create plans of action related to the United Nations Post-2015 Global Development Agenda. These Winners will be invited to New York to participate in a series of events during the week of July 20-26, 2015.These events will include a Global Youth Forum on the sustainable development agenda in the context of multilingualism, cultural diversity and global citizenship at United Nations Headquarters, preceded by a preparatory students’ conference at Adelphi University sponsored and arranged by ELS Educational Services, Inc.
2. Honeywell UniSim Design Challenge:
About: Use Honeywell’s UniSim Design software to simulate a new process design or solve an operational issue for an existing plant. Submit your design in a 300-word summary/abstract and then submit the fully detailed project in Microsoft PowerPoint format.
Eligibility: The competition is open to all full and part-time students studying a science, technology, engineering or math-related subject during 2015 at the graduate or post-graduate level in a recognized educational establishment.
Prizes: The winner in each region will have a unique opportunity to network with industry experts from leading process companies.Previous winners now work at Honeywell, ZADCO and Virthualis, among others.
All expenses-paid trip to the Honeywell Users Group conference in your region.
Network with top management in your region.
In addition, the supervisor of the winning student(s) will be offered a Honeywell UniSim Design Training Course at one of Honeywell’s training centers and paid attendance to the Honeywell Users Group event in their region.
3. Applits Idea Competition:
About: Applits App Idea Competition is a monthly online contest which requires you to submit your brilliant app ideas during the submission phase of each month’s competition (that’s now!). If your idea is selected, the company that is Applits develops it and gives you a lifetime percent of the profits (currently 15%) after release.
– Submissions: From the sea of app idea submissions sent in by people just like you, Applits rely on the community to sift through them by voting on and discussing their favorites. This community feedback is analyzed by the Applits team before deciding what top ideas should move on to the next stage.
– Voting Week: The best ideas identified in the previous stage are pushed forward to a week-long voting competition we like to call “Voting Week.” Here, users cast votes for their five favorite ideas, narrowing down which ideas are selected for a final expert review.
– Expert Review”During Voting Week, the community decided what the top 5 ideas were from this cycle. Now, a panel of industry experts are involved in making the final decision of what app will get developed.
– Contribute and Earn: The winning idea is added to the All Projects page, where Applits members shape the app every step of the way until it’s live. Now is your chance to contribute to any important decisions needing made, earning you points in the process. Those who earn the most points in any given month are listed on the Leaderboard page and earn royalties in Applits apps!
Socially Driven App Creation. They’ve created a vibrant community working towards a new method of efficient crowdsourced app development.