1. Service Reliability Engineer, Yahoo
- Strong knowledge of UNIX systems and hands on commands.
- Knowledge on web servers, DNS, firewalls, TCP/IP and other protocols.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong written & oral communication skills are essential. Proven ability to write bugs, test cases, problem reports.
- BS in Computer Science.
- Ability to rapidly learn and assimilate knowledge of complex software and systems, and apply understanding of system architecture when planning operational tasks and strategy.
- Demonstrable experience in one or more languages such as: shell scripting, Perl, PHP, or Java or C is also a plus.
- Experience with statistical analysis of defects and system performance a plus.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP, load-balancers, highly available network servers.
2. Software Developer, Intel
The candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field and have skills in languages like Perl, Unix Shell scripts, PHP, Python, C, C++, Java.
It would also be desirable if the candidate had familiarity in the following areas:
– Data Structures and Software architecture design methods, techniques, and principles.
– MSSQL or MySQL database programming and/or design.
– Software development processes such as Agile methodology.
The candidate should also have strong communication, team working, and English speaking skills.
3. Technical Software Trainee, Barclays
(a) Development (Minimum 80%):
- Responsible for development and implementation of technology solutions in ETL & DWH technologies.
- Adding clarity to business requirements; translates functional requirements into technical requirements; check the technical feasibility of all business and functional requirements
- Ensure generic solution is built, thereby promoting reusability.
- Thinks out of the box to support the business in delivering its strategic objectives rather than just responding to a pre-defined request,
- Works with external and internal suppliers to flesh out and develop technical solution
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that build and code adhere to architectural and quality standards and policies.
- Working with the relevant Technology project manager and solution architects / lead solutions architect, responsible for ensuring that the technical deliverables are consistent with the original solution specified by the TO and Integration Platform.
(b) Impact assessment and Estimation (up to 10%):
- Support Lead Designer and BA in providing and shaping the portfolio of technology solutions to business and key external stakeholders.
- Maintains awareness of, takes fully into account as necessary, and promotes throughout the organization, any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations, standards and codes of good practice.