The Alumni Impact Research Intern will support in capturing Alumni stories through Videos and photographs. This individual will conduct background research, plan and execute for the purpose of creating short films to highlight the Impact that Teach For India Alumni creating.
At Teach For India, it is believed that the problem of educational inequity is vast and complex; one individual or organization working in a particular sector cannot address this crisis. The Alumni Impact Team aspires, therefore, to drive collective action towards this issue by mobilizing our Alumni network, a growing force of leaders serving in positions of influence across sectors, who will catalyze and fuel a national movement for educational equity.
To achieve this mission, the Alumni Impact Team will empower and enable Teach For India’s city teams to build powerful local alumni movements which will work towards educational reform in the given region. This work will involve:
- Creating a vision for our alumni, both nationally as well as in the Teach For India regions, that is informed by an analysis of the educational landscape and provides a set of benchmarks against which the organization can assess its progress.
- Helping Teach For India Fellows develop their personal and public leadership abilities and build the knowledge, skills, and mindsets that will allow them to identify their place in the larger movement.
- Building a community of Alumni engaged with key issues in the education sector who work collectively to impact change in the long-term.
- Strengthening partnerships with a variety of external stakeholders working across the government, non-profit and for-profit sectors who will help us reach our vision.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting background research on the Alumni and building a narrative.
- Shooting the Alumni at their workplace over a span of few days.
- Conducting interviews of Alumni and identifying trends
- Transcribing Interviews
- Editing the footage and building stories and case videos.
- Travel may be required.
- A belief that every single child deserves an excellent education and that every single child has the ability to be successful in school, despite their background
- Demonstrated self-starting abilities: able to be resourceful, take responsibility and find effective solutions to problems
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Videography and photography skills
- Interviewing Skills
- Video editing
- Strong time management skills
- Strong work ethic and sense of possibility
Education and Experience:
- Strong undergraduate/postgraduate degree from a reputed university
- Previous experience on building biographical videos will be strongly preferred.
2. Style Ambassadors, Vogue Eyewear
Location: Hyderabad, Guwahati, Delhi, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Pune, Lucknow, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Bangalore.
Application Deadline: July 29, 2015
- Vogue Eyewear, the young and stylish eyewear brand endorsed by Bollywood’s style icon Deepika Padukone, is back with their Summer House Contest with a fun new destination: Miami.
- Earn amazing rewards weekly and a certificate of internship as you learn the nuances of word-of-mouth and social media marketing. Your job as a Vogue Eyewear Style Ambassador would be to ensure maximum participation in the contest from your peer network via various online and on-ground tasks.
- Not just that, you could also be the lucky one to fly to Miami with 3 girlfriends. So hurry, participate in the contest, clear a bunch of fun tasks, learn and earn style miles and stand a chance to fly to the magical city of Miami!
As a Vogue Eyewear Campus Ambassador, all you have to do is:
1. Encourage and advocate the brand in your personal network through subtle word-of-mouth.
2. Ensure maximum participation in the Summer House: Miami Contest from your peer network.
3. Completion of tasks so as to be entitled to exclusive rewards on a weekly basis.
4. Create a new definition of fun and exuberance by completing a string of simple social media tasks and earn numerous Style Miles.
3. IT Support Specialist, Intel
- A typical day for the IT support specialist may include.
- Work directly with end users to resolve application issues.
- Operations and troubleshooting of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) software.
- Respond to customer/client requests or events as they occur and within an established Service Level Agreement . We will provide tool specific training.
- A passion for technical troubleshooting and problem solving. Specifically, you will need to solve software tool/application and OS configuration problems.
- Course experience in Linux (we run SLES) and basic understanding of the networking stack.
- Course experience in at least one scripting language, and a desire to learn more. We work primarily in Perl, Visual Basic, Python and Bash.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- The ability to thrive in a rapidly evolving, globally distributed environment.
You should also check out:
Uber recently moved into a new office in Delhi | Take a look!
7 Fashion startups in India you should know about!
Top 30 Part Time internships & jobs of the week | Work for 4 hours and get paid!