If you’re planning to take up an Internship abroad, don’t forget to check out: The Ultimate Packing List | 10 things you need to take along on your international Internship!
1. UQ Winter Research Program – University of Queensland, Australia
Duration: 4-6 weeks(from mid-June to mid-July)
Stipend: All selected Winter Research scholars will receive a Winter Research Grant. Winter Research Grants are valued at $1000 and will be awarded based on academic merit, motivation for participating in the program, and the enrolling units nomination. To be eligible for the grant scholars will need to meet the following conditions:
- Participate in the program between 16 June – 25July
- Participate in program for 4 or more weeks
- Work a minimum of 20 hours per week
Application Deadline: 4 April, 2016.
The UQ Winter Research Program is open to undergraduate, honours, or masters by coursework students, who:
- Are currently enrolled at UQ, or another Australian, or international university;
- Have completed at least one year of study at the time of application;
- Studying for a degree relevant to the research discipline;
- Have a high level of academic achievement during their undergraduate degree;
- Are able to demonstrate a high level of English language proficiency; and
- Are eligible for a visa to visit Australia if from an international university.
Note: If you are a non-UQ student, you will be asked to submit your Official Academic Transcript from your home university, as well as an explanation of the grading system used.
This document should include your grades, and also have explanation of the grades – where it explains the highest and lowest grades, and what is considered a passing grade.
Applications not accompanied by a transcript will be considered incomplete.
2. Summer School 2016, London School of Economics(LSE):
Summer School courses are taught to the LSE’s high standard and are therefore academically rigorous. Before starting your application, please ensure that you meet the entry requirements specific to your chosen course(s).
In order to apply for the Summer School, you must provide the following:
- 100 level courses: proof of an offer of a place at university or a transcript showing you are currently attending/have previously attended university; or
- 200 and 300 level courses: a university transcript showing you meet course specific prerequisites
You are also required to provide:
- evidence of meeting our language requirements (if a non-native English speaker).
All applicants are expected to show grades of around B+ (GPA 3.3). In some instances it is possible to accept slightly lower grades, depending on the strength of the application as a whole.
Course levels and Prerequisites: Courses are taught at 3 levels that generally equate to the 3 years of undergraduate study in the UK university system:
|100||1st year undergraduate||None (though some background in mathematics may be recommended)|
|200||2nd year undergraduate||Introductory level university courses (see course description page)|
|300||3rd year undergraduate*||Intermediate level university courses (see course description page)|
*In some instances can be considered 1st year graduate study
Advanced Placement (AP) courses are not considered sufficient prerequisites for Summer School courses.
3. Nickelodeon Internship Programme, Nickelodeon Animation Studio
Location: Burbank, California.
- Interns must be available for a minimum of 10 weeks. An extension may be requested by the department following the 10 weeks, but may not overlap with the next internship semester.
- Interns must be available to work a minimum of two full days per week (16 hours), but some departments may require more than two days. Interns may work no more than 35 hours per week.
- Internships are paid at a standard competitive hourly rate of $10/hour (California).
- Please note that we do not offer housing. Guidance on accommodations is available upon request.
Love Cartoons? An internship at Nickelodeon can launch you on an exciting, fun-filled career in children’s entertainment. When people think about an internship, they envision getting coffee, running errands, and slaving away behind a copy machine where everyone knows you as “The Intern”.Fortunately, there is still hope out there, and that is at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio in Burbank, CA! Here, they call their interns “NICKterns,” and if you get coffee it will be for yourself!
Eligibility: Internships are open to current, matriculated college juniors, seniors, and recent grads. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited, degree-granting college/university. Graduate students, MBA candidates, and law school students also accepted.