1. Summer Undergraduate Research in Engineering(SURE), McGill University
Duration: 16 weeks(May-August)
Application Deadline: January 30, 2015
The Summer Undergraduate Research in Engineering(SURE) program offers summer research traineeships, students work closely with a McGill Engineering professor on one of their research projects. The program provides exposure to the research experience as well as opportunities to learn more about the graduate school experience and about careers in research.
Duration: Summer Interns should be available to work for at least 10 weeks between May and September. Longer internships of 4-6 months are possible throughout the year. Dates are flexible depending on student and department needs, and are decided case-by-case when acceptance offers are made.
-Free on-site accommodation on ITRI campus – modern dormitories on a spacious campus with dining and recreational facilities
-Monthly stipend (before taxes): NT$24,000 – NT$36,000 per month, depending on student’s experience and department’s situation; if you are offered a position, the offer will specify the stipend and other details.
-Free ITRI Group Insurance (Note: this is Accident Insurance – those who want full medical coverage must purchase it independently.)
-A tour of the Hsinchu Science-Based Industrial Park with company site visits, to promote understanding of Taiwan’s technology industry.
-Subsidized group trip to scenic destination in Taiwan.Click here for more details and apply now.
- This program is open to graduate and undergraduate students currently enrolled at accredited colleges and universities. Accepted interns MUST be able to provide documentary evidence from the university of student status during the entire period of the internship.
- Candidates must hold a valid passport from a country other than Taiwan (ROC).
They offer comprehensive undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare students for leadership positions in the food industry, academia, and government. Their research programs are designed to expand understanding of the biological/ microbiological, chemical, physical, sensor, nutritional, and Engineering properties of foods and beverages. Their extension and outreach programs transfer research-based information and Technology to consumers, food and beverage companies, and government agencies with the goal of enhancing the availability, quality, and safety of food supply.
- Conduct research under the mentorship of a Cornell, Purdue* or Texas Tech* faculty member
- Participate in a field trip to food industries
- Discuss topics such as Ethics in Food Science, Applying for Graduate School, Product Development, and Learning from Research
- Learn about food science career opportunities
- Meet with food science representatives from industry, government and academia
- Present research to faculty and peers
Location: Manhattan, New YorkClick here for more details and apply now.
– Someone who is smart, organized, and a meticulous researcher. You should be comfortable conducting in-depth research on everything from the coolest small businesses in cities around the world to the most impressive students at top universities.
– This person should be comfortable working on a variety of subjects and juggling multiple projects at a time. You’ll get the opportunity to work with all of Business Insider’s sections, so candidates with diverse interests are welcomed.