1. National Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year 2016:
Are you ready? The National Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year contest kicks off August 15, 2016. They’re looking for photos that showcase the awe-inspiring and diverse natural world around us. That could be a powerful wildlife shot, a stunning landscape, or a look at a complicated environmental issue—whatever nature means to you.
You have until November 4 to submit your photos.
• GRAND PRIZE: A ten-day trip for two to the Galápagos with National Geographic Expeditions.
Each category will feature three winners:
• First Place: $2,500
• Second Place: $750 and a signed National Geographic book
• Third Place: $500
2. Amazon Hack Sprint:
Amazon invites smart, talented and innovative software development engineers to join and take part in building their next-generation Kindle File Format and Software Development Kit (SDK). Their goal is to enable “Author Once, Read Anywhere”. Expect to be challenged!
You’ll build a robust, performant and extensible platform of Kindle eBook Format and SDK that handles the rich semantics that come from our authoring and conversion tools and provides lossless information to our renderer and readers. You’ll need to invent, design and develop end-to-end features that continuously enable great content creation and reading customer experience. You’ll develop and deliver these features on a variety of hardware & software platforms – devices, desktops and servers.Click here for more details and register now!
At Amazon, you would thrive in an environment where you’d solve challenging technical problems, often the ones others have not solved before, with peers who have industry leading technical abilities and your solutions will be rolled out to a huge number of customers across the world.
This role will have a profound impact on millions of readers and content creators across the world. Come help us reinvent reading!
3. Geekathon, A joint initiative by Letsintern and GeeksforGeeks:
GeeksforGeeks contains a variety of questions of different levels which covers majorly all the topics of computer science like data structures, algorithms, dbms, networking, c,c++,java etc . Best part is that it contains interview experiences of different companies like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, etc.
– GeeksforGeeks – A computer Science portal for Geeks (Complete directory for Computer Science subjects like data structures, algorithms, dbms, networking, C, C++, Java, etc.)
– practice.geeksforgeeks.org – Start Coding today ( A platform to practice Coding. Be it an college assignment or a coding challenge)quiz.geeksforgeeks.org – GATE CS portal ( Huge collection of GATE and CS mock tests and multiple choice quizzes)
How it works?
1. Participants need to create a login at practice.geeksforgeeks.org
2. Participate in the Geekathon challenges every month.
3. GeeksforGeeks will be maintaining a database of Geekathon winners.
4. Letsintern will refer the shortlisted candidates to the companies requiring the interns in specific domains.
4. Nokia Open Innovation Challenge 2016:
The Nokia Open Innovation Challenge 2016, arranged in partnership with venture firm Nokia growth partners, is looking for futuristic technologies, the next big ideas and new business models in the Internet of things (IoT) domain.
Innovators, startups or academia from around the world can participate in this challenge and take a leap towards making the programmable world happen. The rewards for the finalists include receiving a technology boost by entering the Nokia innovation accelerator program, access to the internal and global market of Nokia and investment opportunities from Nokia Growth Partners (NGP) and other venture capital firms. What’s more the top three teams will share incubation prize money of €100,000.Click here for more details and register now!
Who can apply?
The Nokia Open Innovation Challenge is open to innovators around the world aiming to find the next big idea! It can be a new technology, a business model or a combination of both that will help us make lives better!
What’s in it for the finalists?
- The opportunity to enter the Nokia Innovation Accelerator Program to work with Nokia experts on creating joint business models while receiving a technology boost by accessing Nokia’s products, services and resources. In addition, a €100,000 incubation prize will be shared between the top three teams!
- Access to Nokia’s global market and the opportunity to form valuable partnerships.
- Investment opportunities
IBM University Relations brings you the #IBMinclude<geek.tech> challenge; a unique platform where you and your fellow coders can keep up with the developments in technology like the Cloud and Watson. This includes a series of hackcamp tutorials face2face in your city that upskills you in mobile app development, cognitive computing and analytics. You will also be taken through a learning program on IBM Bluemix, an open cloud platform as a service (PaaS) offering that helps you make and deploy cloud applications quickly.
Take a step towards a stronger start to your career. Participate to have your resume reviewed by our recruitment team for a potential placement interview with IBM India.
- Every participant who completes the challenge receives a certificate from IBM
- Top 5 winners will be invited at the IBM India office to receive certificates and awards from an IBM executive!
- Top 10 winners receive internships at IBM
- Every region receives a best coder and best woman coder prize
Own your label, unleash your inner geek and innovate with Big Blue!