If you’re looking to pursue a career in the sustainability, renewables or environmental sector their internships offer a fantastic opportunity to build your knowledge, skills and professional network. You’ll get a real insight into our business, as well as valuable experience in a supportive environment working alongside some of the most high-profile people in their sector. Carbon Trust internships are offered on a paid basis, this being no less than the National Minimum Wage.
The Carbon Trust is a world-leading organisation helping businesses, governments and the public sector to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy through carbon reduction, energy-saving strategies and commercialising low carbon technologies.
Students from the above mentioned streams are welcome to apply.
Location: Institute for Quantum Computing in Waterloo, Canada
Duration: Minimum 8 weeks for Undergraduate Research Awards (URA) between May 1-August 27. 2 weeks for Undergraduate School on Experimental Quantum Information Processing (USEQIP) between May 25-June 5, 2015.
Stipend: International URAs are awarded $50 CAD a day for cost of living, to a maximum of $1,500 CAD a month. Accommodations for International URAs are provided by IQC at no cost to you.
You are suggested to apply for both these programs.
The last date to apply for URAs and USEQIP is January 12, 2015.
Who can apply:
Undergraduate students are eligible for these Undergraduate Research Awards (URA). Final year students interested in doing their undergraduate research projects can also apply.
If you’re 1 year away from completing your undergraduate studies and you’re interested in quantum, then you can also apply for Undergraduate School on Experimental Quantum Information Processing (USEQIP). The lectures and experiments are geared toward students in engineering, physics, chemistry, mathematics and computer science, though all interested students are invited to apply.
More about the internship:
The Institute for Quantum Computing, or IQC, located in Waterloo, Canada is an affiliate scientific research institute of the University of Waterloo with a multidisciplinary approach to the field of quantum information processing.
And if you are an undergraduate and would like the opportunity to work alongside a faculty member or a Research Assistant Professor at the Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC), you should apply for the Undergraduate Research Awards (URA). This is a unique opportunity to interact with an interdisciplinary research community. The IQC faculty are interested in working with exceptional, motivated students from a wide range of scientific backgrounds.
In addition to these Undergraduate Research Awards (URA), you can also apply for the Undergraduate School on Experimental Quantum Information Processing (USEQIP). It is a two-week program on the theoretical and experimental study of quantum information aimed primarily at students one year away from completing their undergraduate studies. The lectures and experiments are geared toward students in engineering, physics, chemistry, mathematics and computer science, though all interested students are invited to apply.
The Rockefeller University’s Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) is designed to provide qualified, highly motivated college students majoring in the life or physical sciences, an opportunity to experience laboratory research. It is an excellent opportunity for undergraduate sophomores and juniors who are interested in pursuing a career in biomedically related sciences.
The Rockefeller University is a world-renowned center for research and graduate education in the biomedical sciences, chemistry, bioinformatics and physics. The university’s 73 laboratories conduct both clinical and basic research and study a diverse range of biological and biomedical problems with the mission of improving the understanding of life for the benefit of humanity.
Undergraduate students in their 2nd or 3rd year of study can apply.
1. Each year, students are chosen from a wide variety of applicants with diverse scientific backgrounds and training. Annually, more than 500 students apply for admission into the SURF Program and approximately 18 are accepted.2. Students will also be provided with free housing.
Jane Street is a trading firm that operates around the clock and around the globe, trading a wide range of financial products, including ETFs, Equities, Futures, Commodities, Options, Bonds and Currencies.
- Trading interns usually split their summer between two different trading desks, and spend a week in one of our overseas offices.
- Work with experienced dev mentors on projects that are wide-ranging and have real impact. Learn about trading through classes and build bots that compete on a simulated exchange.
- Construct mathematical models, learn about relevant academic research, explore new ideas, and execute studies using Jane Street’s massive research infrastructure.
- Limited number of infrastructure internships in various groups, including compliance, business development, and operations.
All undergraduate students are eligible.
To be eligible for internships, applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Currently be pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degree
- Major in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, or a related field
- Have solid computer programming and research capabilities
- Have strong written and verbal English skills
The Microsoft Research Asia Internship program is open year-round.
Internship Research Areas:
These five research areas offer tremendous opportunities for interns to work in a wide spectrum of fields:
- Natural User Interfaces enable users to interact with a computer using speech, gestures, and expressions.
- Next-Generation Multimedia allows people to search for and to be immersed in interactive online shopping, education, meeting, and entertainment activities.
- Data-Intensive Computing explores the new infrastructures, algorithms, tools, and applications to collect, analyze, and mine results for data-intensive business in both the consumer and enterprise sectors.
- Search and Online Ads take Web search and online advertising to the next level by applying data-mining, machine-learning, and knowledge-discovery techniques to information analysis, organization, retrieval, and visualization.
- Computer Science includes areas such as theoretical computer science (theory), systems, networking, and machine learning that will have an impact on multiple applications and products.
You should also check out:
Top 10 international internships of the week | Fermilab, UCLA, Max Planck Institute, CERN and more.
Top 4 international internships this week | Georgia Tech, NASA, Brown University and French Embassy.
International internship of the month | Top 3 internships at Boeing.