1. Tiyo is a Healthcare Platform, that allows consumers to find doctors and set appointments, get health tips & tricks and diagnostics and physiotherapy at their doorstep. They can also consult the doctors sitting at home and with time can see them at Tiyo branded clinic’s.
This Kolkata based startup recently raised $120k in angel funding from Anish K & Ajith Nair and they plan to use the newly raised funds to improve patient care technology and increase sales.
It was founded by Rana Dutta, Suneil Mishra and Sandip Bodak in 2015.
2. Lemon Leaf is a Delhi based startup, founded by Rishubh Khurana, Sankalp Chandhok, Puneet Gulati and Praveen Kumar in 2015, that works on increasing the shelf life of the whole and pre cut food items. The startup is working to improve processes and developing technology to ensure higher shelf life for extensive range of products without using any preservatives or artificial components.
Recently the startup received a a funding of $1333k from angel investors, Saurabh Sahni and Tushar Gupta.
3. Zoomcar, a well know self driven car rental service in India recently raised a funding of $25Mn which was led by Ford Motors. It was founded in 2012 by David Back and Greg Moran, and is based out of Bangalore.
There has been no report stating how they would use the recently raised money, however further expanding their membership-based service to other cities, will likely be on the cards. Currently, they have a fleet of nearly 600 vehicles across more than 85+ locations in Bangalore, Pune and Delhi NCR. They offer more than 10 models covering hatchbacks, sedans, SUVs and luxury cars.
4. Qdesq is a startup that helps workspace seekers discover workspaces as per their terms and preferences. It aims at providing affordable workspaces and make the entire process simple for its customers.
Qdesq recently raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Anurag Jaipuria, Ruchirans Jaipuria and Rishi Kajaria. The funds will be used to expand to Bangalore and Mumbai and enhance marketing.
This Delhi-based company was founded in October 2015 by Paras Arora, 36. Paras is an alumini of London Metropolitan University and Lavesh Bhandari is an IIT-Delhi alumnus.
5. AbeRuk is a startup that provides high quality books and is a low cost platform to buy books so that you can get the most for your money and promote the love for books through your communities. There are books available on the website that are as low as Rs.50.
The startup raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Swastika, a Hong Kong-based Company. The money will be used to improve operations, expand seller base and augment the technology backbone.
“I am an avid book reader, and finding books at dirt cheap price where I buy book every week was always a problem for me because of lack of any such organized online platform,” said Sidharth Shankar, Founder, AbeRuk. He founded this startup only seven months back.