According to United Nations, 80 million people with disability live in India and around one billion across the globe, out of which only 5% or less find a life partner. Inclov is the world’s first matchmaking app focusing on people with disability, and with health disorders, that was started in 2014 by Kalyani Khona and Shankar Srinivasan. Challenging the conventional idea of matchmaking, so that everyone can have a chance at finding their special someone, Inclove connects fellow-users, =on the basis cure availability, medical condition, level of independence and lifestyle choices.
Inclove, started off as a matrimonial agency called Wanted Umbrella, focusing on disable people, that got a tremendous response from customers, following which the idea of a mobile app fulfilling the same purpose came into being.
Inclov includes the following features:
1. Accessibility: Inclov is fully accessible to people with visual impairment through screen reader and talkback. For people with colorblindness, or a retina disorder, Inclov also allows you to change the font color, style, size and theme, as per the user’s comfort.
2. Safety: Made to be very secure for all users to protect privacy and keep away spammers and fake profiles.
3. Inclusivity : Includes real profiles of people in the twirties, people with disability, health disorders and special needs. Furthermore, you can set your preferences based on age, city, gender, location and preferred disability (if any).
5. Matchability: Inclov lets you find a match on the basis of age, location, lifestyle, disability type, medication, level of dependence, education, work and cure availability. You can search, view profiles and send connection request, to the ones you are interested in.
6. Chat : Inclov allows conversation with connected users via the in-app chat feature so that you don’t have to share emails and phone numbers with strangers, unless you want to.
With the urban population growing at a rapid pace, there is a dire need to find a faster, economical and safe way, to deal with the ever-increasing intra-city traffic. Keeping this problem in mind, a bunch of IITians, have come together to disrupt the way people travel everyday, by also attempting to reduce the carbon footprint, and air pollution, at the same time.
The vision behind Rapido is to create a community where riders with a spare seat on their two-wheelers, get to connect with people open to the idea of sharing a bike ride within small distances in the city.
Through Rapido, you can book a bike ride with just one click on your smartphone. The difference in economics of a two-wheeler and a four-wheeler allows you to save upto 60% of your ride cost, while traveling solo. During peak traffic hours, zipping past in a two-wheeler saves a lot of time.
What’s more is that it also provides an opportunity for people with a licensed two-wheeler to become a rider on the platform and earn some extra money in their spare time.
To ensure quality and safety, Rapido ensures that all riders using the platform have all the proper documents in place including driving license, insurance and vehicle registration. The riders also have to undergo a background check, as anyone with a past criminal record – particularly cases of sexual offense, crime, felony or substance-abuse – is not considered suitable for using the platform. Use of Helmets is encouraged for passengers, and they are also given the facility to avail shower caps, from the riders. Rapido also has a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy, and a feedback from both parties is taken at the end of the ride, to improve services and customer experience.
Founded by Puneet Lamba and Hirendra Choudhary, Crankout gives you all the information regarding the best fitness avenues in your vicinity, so that you can book a preferred schedule at gyms, fitness studios, and sports facilities. Not only this, you can also keep a tab on your diet, by using the application ordering healthy food and other products from vendors, brands and restaurants around you.
Crankout uses a customized, scientific training program to guide you towards an active and healthy lifestyle. There are some interesting features available on the application:
- Apart from the booking sessions with a variety of gyms, fitness studios, and personal trainers, you can also schedule walk-in sessions, if you have a packed schedule.
- With the ‘Health food’ option, it is now possible to get an assortment of delicious heath food delivered to your doorstep, depending on your choice of timing, dietary needs and price range. You can also club dishes from multiple restaurants in the same order. All the bookings, contacting the vendors, and delivering process is taken care of by CrankOut.
- You are granted the flexibility to pay for through card, payment wallet, netbanking or cash on delivery. They also have CrankBank: their in-app credit points system to reward you for doing the right thing!
SeenIt is a passionate community of fashion enthusiasts, stylists, bloggers, and anyone who loves individual style, who use their shopping prowess to help shoppers track down the things they love. So for an instance, you have a photo of an outfit you love but can’t find, the fashionistas at SeenIt will have a suggestion for you regarding the same, within a few hours.
SeenIt was created by three fashion-conscious guys who came to the realisation that finding where to buy outfits they loved was a tougher task than they initially imagines, and if it was difficult for them, it maybe a harrowing experience for others too – hence, SeenIt works on the vision of changing the way people shop for the products they are inspired by.
This Pune based startup aims to transform Agri-business for farmers in rural India, by focusing to build a ‘direct to farmer’ m-commerce platform, through which farmers can procure agri-inputs needed for their farms by simply giving a missed call on the AgroStar platform and eventually accessing the mobile app.
AgroStar currently operates in the states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan, where farmers in can procure an entire range of good quality and branded agri-inputs like seeds, crop nutrition, crop protection and agri- hardware products through the company’s m-commerce platform.
Shardul Sheth, CEO & Co Founder, AgroStar says, “Farmers in rural India face significant challenges at every point from buying agri-inputs to selling their produce. Our m-commerce platform is attempting to enhance and simplify the agri-business experience for farmers.”
AgroStar also secured a round of funding worth $4 Million from IDG Ventures, last August.Looking to intern with a fast-paced startup this season? Apply to startup internships and jobs on Letsintern now!