Summer placements this season have been something of a party, at least at top B schools. Students from here have been making their joy known on Facebook, and for once, the draconian Placecoms didn’t seem to mind. From the victory dance at MDI Gurgaon, to euphoria at IIM L, B schools are having a good time.Summer placements were excellent for the batch of 2015 last year , especially in the form of a greater width and depth of profiles in finance. This year, it is even better. Here are some of the highlights of this summer placement season.
Highlights: (as reported by the placement committee)
– Largest ever batch of 365 students gets placed in record time of 3.5 days yet again with the Business Management Batch (184 in strength) getting placed in 2.5 days.
– XLRI launched a parallel placement process called “Parivartan” for the students who voluntarily withdrew from the conventional placement process and sat for interviews in various top notch NGOs and Not for Profit Organizations. The agenda was to facilitate and offer opportunities to students who genuinely intend to participate in the social sector organisations. Two students were placed with the Tata Trust. The process was held and completed before the conventional Summer Placement Week.
– International stints in summer internships increased, with firms like M.H. AlShaya, ABG, Altisource, HUL, Kellogg’s, Nomura, Pepsi, Godrej and a European Hedge Fund offering overseas roles.
– Paid internships for all the students (consistent record in this area was maintained this year).
– Carlyle recruited exclusively from XLRI. Avendus Capital recruited for its front end PE Syndication & M&A Advisory role. World Bank offered its Structured Products role to XLRI. The European Hedge Fund after offering it’s only PPO to XLRI returned to hire summer interns.
– XLRI had participation from PE / VC firms like Uniquest Infra Ventures and an Angel Fund.
– P&G’s and Nestlé’s S&M role for the Business Management students for Summer Internships returned after a long hiatus.
– Around 46% of the offers were in the form of new roles that opened up on campus.
– BCG continued to hire summer interns from XLRI. BCG hired from the HR programme for the first time this year.
This year again, we have good granular data on the BM and HRM program. For each domain reported below (Banking and Finance, Consulting, FMCG, etc.), the last row indicates HR roles from these companies, offered to students from the HR programme.
Banking and Finance
Consulting and General Management
Technology, E-commerce, Media and Telecom
Pharma, Other BM and HR Roles
This article has been adapted from InsideIIM.
You should also check out:
IIFT finishes summer placements with record international offers; Average stipend sees a whopping 35% increase.
Flipkart and Amazon looking to hire engineering graduates. Increase salary offers by 40 percent.
Changing campus recruitment scenarios | TCS goes digital. Wipro,too.