Project Research Associate
- Work with an MIT alumnus on conducting primary and secondary research on Science and Technology in India.
- Pick up a specific topic in the above areas for understanding current indicators, current policies and probable interventions.
- The research will culminate into a book and a website. The aim is to break the stereotypical discourse to find original and fresh findings.
- Research methods will include studying relevant journal articles, news articles and reports; conducting interviews and crowdsourcing information.
- Developing our own metrics and methods, where necessary to estimate indicators and track them.
The project mentor has an MS from MIT and is a successful entrepreneur. He/she has 25+ research publications and has been a speaker at Microsoft Research, IBM Research, Xerox, MIT, etc. among others. LNKD profile: https://in.linkedin.com/in/varunaggarwal2.
Location: Delhi/Gurgaon (full-time)
Duration: 6 months
We expect the candidate to spend at least a month in this role. In case the candidate has other commitments and can put in at least 25 hours per week, we will consider his/her application.
* Experience in critically reading scientific literature
* English writing skills
* Some experience/understanding of economics
* Analytical and math skills
* Computer skills/excel/being able to write scripts is big plus.
* Passion for development and change!
* No specific educational background needed
This work can be a stepping stone for the individual for further work in economics, social sciences or other allied fields.
Apply by: 15th Jan `17
Aspiring Minds conducts India's largest employability test with a view to providing equitable employment opportunities. It has been founded by alumni of IIT and MIT (USA) with a strong advisory panel consisting of professors from Harvard Business School and MIT. In a short period of time, its success has been acknowledged by The Economist and Business Week. Its primary area of business is in scientific computer-based assessments for employability in multiple sectors ranging from IT, ITeS to hospitality, healthcare, life sciences, banking, retail and microfinance.