Do you fancy being celebrated for your word-ly ways? Do you fancy the idea of penning down your chaotic mind onto a piece of paper? Does doing that give you an unknown, matchless relief that no other thing can? With highest of the fives, let me tell you that you do not belong to this worldly world but the word-ly one!
There was Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Chaucer, Elliot and then there is you. If your brain also fancies being celebrated the same way, apply for the role of a Content Writing Intern as the first page of your novel! In this digital era, you can always work in niches like education, lifestyle, health, fashion, technology and what not! Or if you really fancy the corporate world, the e-business firms and MNCs are always offering jobs for professional write-ups and web pages.
But before you start spilling some words out, let us take this quiz to finally know if you’d be a perfect Content Writing intern cut-out.
1. You just pulled an all-nighter, finishing seven different articles on three separate topics with deadlines just 45 minutes apart. What do you do next?
- A – Open your email, thinking, “I wonder if I could snag another order?”
- B – Go to sleep.
- C – Congratulate yourself on a job well done, then straighten up your desk.
2. You would give up a planned vacation if
- A – You got a plum writing assignment from a really great client.
- B – A less-than-stellar client cried on the phone.
- C -What’s a vacation?
3. It’s 1:00 am, and you just thought of a great intro for that tricky little piece you’re working on. You …
- A – Sneak into your office and jot it down — along with that other idea that just popped into your head — and end up writing until the sun comes up.
- B – Repeat it over and over, hoping to burn the idea into your brain so it will still be there in the morning.
- C – Roll over and go back sleep. If it’s really that good, you’ll remember.
4. Any content writing career is purely
- A – Technical
- B – Use of grammar
- C – Knowledge of language
- D – All of the above
5. Which of these is a descriptive writing?
- A – Whitepapers
- B – Blogs
- C -Twitter
- D – Newsletter
Been through it all? Here are the results:
Mostly As – Yes, you’re on the right track!
Mostly Bs – Maybe your talents lie elsewhere.
Mostly Cs – You’re definitely a workaholic, but that does not mean you’re attuned to writing as well. You may have the skills, but you need to know whether you’re passionate about the written word at length or not.
Do you think you have it in you? Let us know what your views are in the comments below. For more college life, success tips and internship postings, stay tuned to the blog. Post your queries, opinions and suggestions in the comments section below.