1. Undergraduate Summer Research Internships Program 2016, Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad(IIIT-A)
Duration: The internship program is offered for a duration of 8 (eight) weeks between 21st May 2016 to 4th July 2016.
All the selected interns are required to pay to the institute Rs. 10,000 against the lodging, boarding and other admissible charges against their stay at IIIT Allahabad. The interns will be provided witha suitable hostel accommodation on campus. Those who are selected for the stipend will be given Rs 10,000/- separately by the institute at the end of the completion of the training.
To encourage undergraduate research, IIIT-A announces a eight week long Summer Research Internship Program (SRIP) within the summer vacation period of the institute. The main aim is to provide an opportunity and exposure to the outstanding senior level undergraduate students (Dual degree, B.Tech-M.Tech, students are also encouraged to apply) to interact with the world class faculty members and state of the art research facilities of the institute.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2016
– Interns are required to involve themselves in the research and development work carried out by IIIT Allahabad faculty members. The details of the faculty profile and their research domains can be found here.
– The interns are required to send their CV, Statement of Purpose (SOP) and the choices of the three IIIT-Afaculty members under whom the applicants wish to pursue their internship. The CV should contain marks obtained from 10th onwards, two references along with their contact details (Email and Telephone Numbers). Please mail all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline.
– The selected interns will be required to report the associated faculty members regularly and to do the research/development work as assigned by the respective mentoring faculty at the designated laboratory/place.
– At the end of the training the interns will be required to demonstrate and present their research work before the designated committee as will be decided by her/his guide.
– The interns will also be required to submit a report dully signed by the mentoring faculty member( guide) to the SRIP coordinator. The internship completion certificate will be issued only after successful completion of the training.
2. Student Summer Research Internships 2016, IIT Gandhinagar
Duration: At least 8 weeks within summer break of IITGN (Summer Break at IITGN: May 2 – July 8, 2016).
Application Deadline: Last date for receiving applications is March 5, 2016 .
– Weekly stipend of Rs. 1000/-
– Free accommodation; students are required to pay for their own boarding.
Eligibility: Students pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree at a prominent institution in India.
- Applicants are required to work with an IITGN faculty. Applicants are advised to review the list of participating faculty along with the description of projects being offered.
- Applicants may apply for internship with only one participating IITGN faculty; based on their interests and prior experience they are free to apply for internship with faculty/projects outside of their declared degree specializations.
- Applicants will be required to make a presentation to the institute and submit a report at the end of the tenure.
3. Engineering & Science, Institute For Plasma Research (IPR)
Duration: Selected students will carry out their project work at IPR for a duration of minimum 3 months to maximum 12 months according to their curriculum.
A consolidated stipend of Rs 10,000/- per month (with effect from 1-Jan-2011), and also to & fro sleeper class train fare (by the shortest route, once during the stay) will be given to ONLY those students who are NOT getting financial support from any other funding agency.
- Post Graduate (M.E./M.Tech./M.Sc./M.Phil/M.C.A.) students, who have to do projects as a part of their curriculum of their Post Graduate Studies in any of the following disciplines : Physical/Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Inter-Disciplinary Engineering Sciences and Computer Applications.
- Only bonafide and full-time students can apply. Those who have already completed their course are not eligible to apply.
- NOT more than TWO students can be offered the NFP Internships from the same Discipline/Department under an Institution/College/University.
4. Summer Outreach Program in Mathematics (SOPM 2016), National Institute Of Science Education And Research
Duration: June 20 – July 2, 2016
Eligibility: Students in their Masters program in Mathematics.
Financials: All participants will be reimbursed sleeper class train fair via the shortest route from their place of stay. The institute will take care of local hospitality.
The primary objective of the Institute is to train and nurture human resources in the Sciences for the knowledge economies of the future. This is in line with a general shift in geo-political thinking that requires a remedy for sites of knowledge production centred in the west. Such a strategic shift in perspective has been necessitated by the realization that the unique circumstances of our nation demand unique scientific and pedagogic responses.
Software Development Engineers will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools.
• Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language – preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.