Internships play an important part in molding careers and giving them a better shape. And if you crack an opportunity to avail government internships in India, you can’t ask for a better beginning to shape your career.
Getting an internship opportunity in the government sector is no rocket science, and all you have to do is to keep tracking the openings and apply at the right time.
Lucky for you, there are not one but two such summer internship options open right now with the government of India. Here are all the details you need;
1. Swachh Bharat Summer Internship
One of the first social initiatives started by the newly elected government of India in 2014 was the Clean India Mission; or “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”. The initiative spread like wildfire across the country, simply because of its objective and impact.
However, there are still parts of India and sections of the society where people aren’t aware of the clean India mission. As an intern on this project you’d mainly be operating as a mentor to such unaware segments of the society.
This will be a total of 100 hours of experiential internship program wherein you’d be visiting one or more villages. As an assistant teacher, you’d be conducting on-field activities of the local people’s choice to contribute to the cause of rural sanitation in India.
Overall, the roles and responsibilities would include:
- Awareness Campaigns
- Nukkad Nataks/ Street Plays/ Swachhata-related Folk Song/ Dance performances, etc
- Swachhata Melas.
- Conducting Village or School-level Rallies
- Wall Paintings on public walls and government buildings (Panchayat Ghar)
- Organizing movie screenings (Swachh Bharat Mission [Gramin] movies: http://tinyurl.com/sbmgramin )
- Waste Collection Drives (households/ common or shared spaces)
- Segregation of solid waste into the non-biodegradable and biodegradable waste
- Development of Compost Pits
- Transportation of Household waste (to appropriate disposal site)
- Help Panchayats draw up plans for installation of biogas plants wherever possible/required
- Street Cleaning, Drain Cleaning, Cleaning of back alleys
- Helping in the construction of toilets
This summer internship will be a 76 days long program with an opportunity to indulge in some real time on-field action. This can be your chance to really make a difference and contribute to the development of the country.
To be a part of this program, all you need is conviction, communication, and team effort. You will receive a legit certificate of participation and award for your contribution, stamped from the government of India. You can’t even imagine what wonders it would do to your resume.
To know more about this exciting opportunity and submit your applications, click here.
2. Digital India Internship Scheme
This one is a brilliant opportunity for engineering students looking to add bonus points to their graduate degree.
With the initiatives like Make in India and Digital India, the government has propelled the country towards digital progress. And, this will be your chance to be a part of this drive.
To qualify for this amazing summer internship program, the candidate needs to fulfill some defined criteria; such as:
- Should be an Indian student from a recognized university in India.
- Should have secured at least 60% marks in the last held degree or certificate examination
- Must be pursuing B.Tech/B.E., and are in the 2nd/3rd year of the 10+2+4 pattern of education, OR
- Pursuing integrated degree course or dual degree (B.E./B.Tech, M.E./M.Tech.) and are in the 4th/5th year of the 10+2+5 pattern of education.
A legit certification of participation and completion will be awarded at the end of this summer internship with the government of India.
To know more details about this digital India Internship scheme and registration, click here.
So, what are you waiting for!? It’s not every day that you get such enormous opportunities of government internships in India. Be one of the earliest applicants to increase your chances of getting selected.
Hurry! As the registrations end soon.