1. National Foundation for India Internship Programme
Duration: 8-10 weeks, starting June 2016.
Financials: Selected interns would be given a stipend to cover their basic expenses during the internships.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2016
About the internship:
– Intern with selected voluntary organization and public action groups working on issues like local governance, livelihoods, gender, health, education, development, journalism.
– Engage with NGOs and grassroot understanding of the voluntary sector in the country.
Young, college students between the age of 18-25 years.
NFI is a independent grant making and fundraising foundation, with a core mandate to strengthen philanthropy in India for public welfare and social transformation. NFI was founded in 1992, by a group of eminent leaders such as Late Bharat Ratna C. Subramanium, Dr. M S Swaminathan, Dr. Kamla Chudhury, Late Shri S P Godrej, Late Dr. Verghese Kurien and Mr. Ratan Tata among others. NFI intervenes in seven thematic areas i.e. education, health, livelihood, citizens and society, Peace and Justice, Governance and development Journalism. In the last 20 years, it has supported more than 200 grassroot organizations in 14 states. It has also supported more than 400 individual change makers through its annual fellowship for development Journalism and C Subramaniam Award for community leadership.
2. Software Development Engineer, Amazon Campus
Location: Bangalore, Hyderabad
Do you enjoy the challenge and ownership that come from developing complex systems that touch most of Amazon.com’s systems; ranging from front-end CX through core Amazon back-end systems? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions? Amazon Student is looking for Senior Software Development Engineers to deliver a transformative Student shopping experience.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will design and develop new systems which will bring a unique shopping experience to one of Amazon’s most strategic customer segments. They’re looking to you for solving problems unique to their industry and creating new features that the industry has not seen before. They’re looking for people who are entrepreneurial and like to wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that mirrors more of a startup than a big company.
- BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech in Computer Science or related field.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices including unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous integration, and operations.
- Architecture skills, knowledge of design patterns, and strong fundamentals.
- You are the type of person that codes for fun, quickly wins the respect of peers, and jumps at the chance to share knowledge and mentor.
3. Intern – Internal Audit, Ernst & Young
– Responsible for executing client related engagements under the supervision of Seniors.
– Determine that work delivered is of high quality.
– Assist Seniors & Managers in developing new methodologies and other related internal initiatives.
– Continuously strive towards exceeding client & team expectations and work on increasingly complex assignments.
– Conduct research and prepare client presentations, information memorandums and thought leadership documents.
– Contribute to advisory engagements in the capacity of a team member – deliver quality output within assigned timelines.
– Attend L&D programs and exhibit through knowledge of advisory methodology and consulting attributes.
– Keep abreast with developments in the IT & business related areas and assist team leaders/managers in preparing client decks.
– Sector focus (basic understanding of the industry, trends, issues/challenges & key players) based on the industry group alignment.
– Exhibit initiative and participate in corporate social and team events.
4. Intern, MasterCard
- Currently studying for a college degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or similar numerate discipline with an anticipated good result.
- Program is open to undergraduate students entering their senior year.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Exposure to programming languages and databases.
• Exposure to OOP.
• Use of Automation tools.
• Excellent inter-personal/communications skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a wider team.
• Creative thinker.
• Demonstrated Self-starter.
– Be a part of a team of software developers building industry leading, robust and innovative software solutions for payment processing.
– Utilize the department development infrastructure, development processes and software programming techniques and provide feedback as appropriate.
– Contribute to building a productive, pleasant working environment using the senior team members as role models.
– Assist with the analysis, design, development, testing and documentation of new software solutions.
– Configure software development tools as required by the company.
– Follow company software data protection and security guidelines.
5. Software Intern, Intel
Description: Assisted Positioning GPS & GNSS SW development, integration, Embedded C Programming.
– Post graduate student in Engineering with ECE/EEE/CSE/any Software or Electronics Embedded discipline.
– Good C Programming, Strong in curriculum basics and Embedded Software knowledge .
– Sincere, good analytical & aptitude skills, team spirit and interest in research.