Paytm started off with offering a free helpline, where you can call and get a recharge for your anyone you know in Chennai.
— Paytm (@Paytm) December 2, 2015
2. Uber: Uber decided to do their part, by clearing up the transit problem.
3. Zomato: Leading the food-tech industry in India, Zomato decided to take a leap further during the Chennai floods, in order to cover the need for food. They were soon met with a great response from people.
..and were also joined by the leading Investment firm – Sequoia.
Thank you @Sequoia_India for buying meals for a thousand people in Chennai.
The healthcare app came up with an updated list of doctors and hospitals, in case of an emergency.
— Practo (@Practo) December 2, 2015
5. Zoom Car: The car rental company focusing exclusively on self-drive, are offering free rides, too!
6. Big Basket: One of the largest online grocery ordering platform, also pitched in to solve the food crisis.
In addition, they are also constantly tweeting to help the people who are stuck in the floods.
7. LookUp: Lookup, the app that let’s you get things done by simply dropping a text, is offering a feature, through which you can open up your home in Chennai to accommodate people who are in no-safe zones.
8. Oyo Rooms: Oyo Rooms has gotten on-board to offer cheaper accommodation options for the city folks.
The 5 year old startup that offers one of the largest marketplace for stays, has requested Chennai-ites to open their homes for people who don’t have a place to stay, during the floods.
— Stayzilla.com (@stayzilla) December 1, 2015
Olacabs is sending out (free) boats to to help out with the transportation of people, food, and basic essentials.
— OLA (@Olacabs) November 17, 2015
Not only this, they have collaborated with the Fire Department in Chennai, to help further with the commute.
Please note the no. shared is that of the fire control dept. we’re working closely with them and pooling in all our resources to help out.
— OLA (@Olacabs) December 1, 2015
They are tweeting out Safe-zones in the city, as well.
Safety Zone 1: Satyanarayana Bhavan, Mansukh Sweets, Waltax Road. Contact no: 044-25330741 #GetSafeChennai. Please let your friends know.
— OLA (@Olacabs) December 2, 2015
Delhi-based start-up offering a marketplace for all kinds of services – yoga teacher, photographer, guitar lessons, plumber – has offered a free pest control service for Chennai dwellers.
— UrbanClap (@urbanclap) November 28, 2015