The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a top-tier global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. The brand provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified clientele including corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centres around the world.
What does Goldman Sachs’ Internship offer?
Highlights: Summer Analyst
A Goldman Sachs internship proffers you a novel opportunity to learn about the finance industry by working side by side with the prodigal experts. Goldman Sachs confirms that their interns don’t learn by watching, they learn by getting involved in real projects.
This is an eight-week program designed involve you in the everyday working of one of the departments. The program starts with an orientation program through which interns learn the work culture, benefits and responsibilities of being a member of Goldman Sachs. Interns are also provided with division-specific training incorporated to help them succeed in their respective roles.
As the training ends, interns are made to come face to face with live challenges. This lets them have a sense of what has to be done, day to day, as a full-time Goldman Sachs employee. Along with fellow interns, one works alongside leaders within the industry. Successful Summer Analysts may be invited back to join the New Analyst program in a full-time position.
Who can apply?
- The summer analyst role is for candidates currently pursuing a college or university degree.
- Students are undertaken during the second or penultimate year of their study.
- While one’s discipline or major are not important, they prefer students with an outstanding record of academic achievement and an interest in the financial markets.
Students who are keen to join can apply by:
Their recruitment dates are decided on the basis of placement season at respective schools. Students are intimated by the placement cell closer to the date.
The recruitment process on campus can be broadly broken down into two stages:
- First level screening where the company’s hiring team shortlists candidates on basic selection criteria including their academic scores. Depending on the hiring division, the candidate might have to appear for a written test or group discussion as a part of this process.
- Candidates shortlisted in the first level screening will then go through two or more rounds of personal interviews on campus.
They do not allow off-campus placements.
The aftermath- be patient and wait for it.
Goldman Sachs initially shortlists candidates based on their CGPAs, skills, experience and the interview. After you apply, all you can do is wait and hope for the best.
The shortlisted candidates are called for a telephonic interview which lasts for 30-45 minutes. This is followed by an in-office interview which consists of both technical and HR questions. Technical questions mostly pertain to the individual projects which you had done in the past. HR questions are mainly focused on your behavioural competency with the company.
Go ahead, apply to this lucrative opportunity! Let us know your views in the comments. And in the meantime, explore our own range of offerings for summer internships in 2018.