In the winter of December 2015, after quite a few years in Saket, the entire nearbuy family packed their bags and left for Gurgaon. At first sight, the new office, 50 times bigger than the old one, was overwhelming.
Today, the nearbuy office, located on the main road of one of the most buzzing streets in Gurgaon, can easily be described as one of the best places to work at. Here’s why:
1. The men at the helm: If you happen to see either Ankur Warikoo, Sachin Kapur, Sumeet Kapur, Ankur Sarawagi, Ravi Shankar or Snehesh Mitra walking around the office, you wouldn’t believe they were the directors of the company. Down-to-earth, motivating and brilliant, these guys sit with the employees, eat with them and sometimes, even get thrashed by the employees at a game or two of table tennis.
2. No traffic troubles: The office is located on Golf Course Road near Sun City, and hence provides a little respite from the office traffic rush. Zoom past, but don’t forget to say hello from the other side.
3. No space constraints: Every person enjoys 84 sq/ft of personal space, with 32 meeting/conference rooms, each named after our favourite Bollywood movies, in a building that has the capacity to accommodate 600 people. Unlike your possessive ex, we understand the concept of personal space.
4. Food and Fun: Resembling an American diner straight out of your favourite sitcom, with splashes of red, the nearbuy cafeteria is a place where the entire office staff satisfies their cravings at the daily five-spread lunch buffet or evening snacks, available to everyone. Either that or they’re unwinding over table tennis, darts, PlayStations and other board games. Because after eating, we must exercise.
5. Way we work: Since we spend over 40–50 hours a week with each other in office, we often vent out our frustrations, unleash our inner artists and do other such crazy things in the office, amidst concentrating on work, of course. After all, you know what they say about all work and no play.
6. Other perks: An endless supply of seasonal fruits, an inexhaustible coffee machine, an unlimited stock of tea bags, chocolate milk, badam milk and soup packets are also on offer. There’s also a library, Apple TV on all screens, a TV lounge, beanbags, lazyboys and couches through the entire office. Just in case sitting on a desk is too mainstream for you.
7. The Verdict: All this apart, what makes nearbuy the best place to work at, is the attitude of each and every person who works at the office. We work hard, and party harder. But most importantly, we respect each other, take ownership, always look at improving our performance and give our best to what we do. We’re all a big, happy family in this 60,000 sq/ft home we call nearbuy.