1. Summer Internship Programme 2016, IIT Mandi
Location: Himachal Pradesh
Duration: The period of internship will be about 8 weeks starting from 13th June, 2016 to 5th August, 2016.
Financials: Selected candidates will be provided free hostel accommodation and a stipend of Rs. 8000/- for the entire 8 weeks period. Travel and living expenses should be borne by the candidate.
Application Deadline: Interested candidates should apply through an online application latest by 26th March, 2016.
– Applications from 2nd, 3rd & 4th year B.Tech. / B.E. students and 1st year PG or Masters students are invited. Only students having a minimum CGPA of 7.5/10 or equivalent percentage of marks will be considered.
– The number of students selected for the internship is subjected to the requirement of faculty in various disciplines of the institute. – Selected candidates will have to arrange letters of recommendation from their Institute.
2. System Support Engineer, IBM
Required education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Responsible for resolving the problem in application in daily basis.
- Providing service provisioning like activate and disconnect of mobile/SIM Users.
- Uploading and maintenance of Customerized Oracle workflows through SQL*LOADER.
- Responsible for password management of the application/Database.
- Management of server monitoring like TAUXIDO server, AI processes, Mediation connectivity(Downstream/Up stream), Batch Processes, Daemon Processes and performance of applications.
- Management of log files of the application to find the error/problem and make the solution.
3. The Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP), General Electric
- Contribute to technically driven projects reflecting Aviation priorities with defined goals, reviews and deliverable
- Demonstrate ability to understand and apply engineering fundamentals in the business environment
- Demonstrate analytical/technical problem-solving skills developed via advance engineering coursework, formal reports and presentations to senior leadership
- Propose new analyses, techniques and methodologies with respect to specific area of responsibility where applicable
- Demonstrate business skills developed in corporate leadership courses
- Bachelors/Masters in Mechanical Engineering or related fields with strong passion for technology
- Good understanding of engineering design, analysis, tools/software development
- Willing to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
4. Summer Internship Programme, IIT Ropar
Duration: Not below 5 weeks and not exceeding 8 weeks. May 16, 2016 – July 15, 2016
Financials: The students selected for internship may be provided hostel accommodation, if available, on payment of appropriate fees. The application for accommodation (only after being selected for internship) should reach the office of Dean of Student Affairs through the faculty supervisor and the HOD for permission. The cost towards food and access to other amenities have to be paid by the student.
Application Deadline: Last date 28th March, 2016.
Eligibility: Students registered for a degree in any academic institution willing to carry out Summer Internship at IIT Ropar in the fields of Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Humanities, Mathematics, Physics, Centre for Material and Energy Engineering and Centre for Biomedical Engineering may apply for the Internship Programme.
5. Software Developer Intern, HP
B.E., MTech (Masters) in Computer Science, Electronics or related fields
Must have proficiency in C++, design patterns and .Net technologies
Strong engineering fundamentals, programming and analytical reasoning
Establish and develop subject matter expertise
Contribute and participate in all stages of software development life cycle
Develop and execute development plans for projects which include reviewing product requirements and analyzing test results
Identify and communicate issues/risks identified to the management
Collaborate with virtual team spread across the globe to achieve the set objectives
Share knowledge with the technical support organizations across the global
Involve software requirements, architect, and design and implement software solutions and applications.
Be capable of identifying new areas of development to meet expected customer demands and will be able to design and implement robust solutions to meet those needs.