One of the most prestigious names in the automobile industries is now looking out for young tech wizards to assist with its security systems. If you have a knack for programming and a special fondness for cybersecurity, apply now!
In its bid to upgrade and shield its security systems, Mercedes-Benz is seeking secuiryt analyst interns who will primarily be involved in the implementation activities of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) & Security Operations (SOC) of Daimler’s Cyber Security Center Project.
- Involve in design & implementation activities of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) & Security Operations (SOC) of Daimler’s Cyber Security Center Project.
- Understand the Internet Security Environment. Define Taxonomy of Vulnerabilities, Exploits, Attacks and Responses.
- Develop custom SIEM use cases, in collaboration with various IT teams within Daimler
- Perform post-mortem analysis on traffic flows in accordance with current and emerging threat and attack vectors to identify and/or confirm malicious activity or compromise.
- Perform forensic investigation on critical security incidents, find RCA and provide recommendations
- Programming in Java, Python
- Understanding of Networking and Security
- Adapting different security models to Daimler specific use
- Automation of aspects in Security Monitoring
- Must be a computer science / ECE / IT student unless exceptionally interested in security
- Good academic / mathematical background ( students should have scored 70% marks throughout his/her academics from 10th Std to higher degree)
- Good programming background
- Interest in Hacking /Cybersecurity
- Willingness to Learn and Deliver
- Interest in Cars / Automotive
- Good Communication Skills
- Very proactive in nature and take-up new initiatives to improve the SIEM service
- Flexible to work independently, also as a team player and motivated to take ownership at various levels
2. SN Bhatt Memorial Excellence Fellowship Program – Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Duration: 8 weeks (May 1 – July 31, 2015)
Stipend: Selected students will be offered a stipend of Rs 30,000 for the entire duration of the summer program (8 weeks). In addition, appropriate accommodation, office space, travel support (3 tier AC return rail-fare from the home institution) and other necessary facilities shall be made available by the Centre.
Application Deadline: January 20, 2015
ICTS(International Centre for Theoretical Sciences) has an active research program. Current research spans the areas of astrophysical relativity, physical biology, statistical physics and turbulence, data assimilation and dynamical systems, and string theory. Other areas under consideration are cosmology, multiscale and complex systems including interface with theoretical biology, mathematics, computer science and those areas of computational sciences which have a strong interface with the research areas at ICTS.
– Undergraduate students of appropriate branches of engineering, science, mathematics and, who are in their third, fourth or fifth year of the program are eligible to apply.
– Masters degree students and those who have completed their undergraduate in the academic year 2013-14 are also welcome to apply.
– Students with an exceptionally good academic record and who have completed their Masters degree in recent years are also welcome to apply.
– This ICTS TIFR Summer internship program will offer undergraduate/masters students of Science and Engineering a unique opportunity to work with the faculty and post-doctoral fellows of the Centre and to participate in research at the frontiers of knowledge.
– In addition, students will attend a series of lectures and participate in programming and outreach activities of the Centre organized in Bangalore.
– The interns will be required to prepare a report on their work at ICTS, based on which they may be asked to give a seminar.
3. Social Media, Times Television Network
Stipend: Rs. 7000 per month
Apply by Jan 31, 2015
– To edit and upload content on online channels on different platforms like ( YouTube / DailyMotion / Kaltura etc.)
– Meta-tagging, annotation, playlist management, custom thumbnail creation.
– Analytics & Data tracking
– Good understanding of SEO & up-to-date with the latest trends.
– Experience in handling video platforms like YouTube / DailyMotion etc.
– Experience in online content management
You should also check out:
Internships at Flipkart and Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) + Fresher job at IBM!
Top 30 virtual internships & jobs of the week | Work from home and get paid!
Top 3 internships at Leo Burnett, Airtel and Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB)