Technology excites you, but you’re confused about what kind of internships to expect? Out of the 400+ IT internship jobs for students in India available on Letsintern, we picked out the top four themes for you, and what you need to know for each of them.
Before you read this, make sure you’ve read one of our very popular posts, Introduction to the IT Industry, where we cover the basics.
1. Web developer – A web developer is a software engineer who develops applications for the World Wide Web.
2. Web designer – He/She is the person who creates and arranges the pages of a website and is responsible for the way it looks and functions.
3. Database developer – Database developers develop systems that make it possible for enterprises to organize and store large amounts of data electronically.
- Knowledge of SQL is a bare minimum. Apart from this, you should also know one of the various Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) like Oracle (used at a big enterprise level), Microsoft SQL Server (used with .ASP) or MySQL (an open source system usually used with PHP).
4. System administrator – This is the person responsible for installing and maintaining servers and multiple-user computer systems in organizations. Their main tasks involve adding and configuring new workstations, setting up user accounts and ensuring data security across systems.
- You should be able to work with any Linux or Windows based server.
If you’re looking to kickstart a career in the IT industry, make sure you’ve got at least one of these under your belt.
Check out the latest opportunities in IT via Letsintern. Click here to see the list and apply.