1. Eklavya Engineering Internships – IIT, Bombay
Duration: 8 weeks. Commences in second week of May and ends in 1st week of July. Requests to adjust the time period will not be entertained.
Financials: Some expenditure to be incurred by interns:
- Rs. 6000/- to be paid to the IIT Bombay academic office (Internship Fee’s)
- Hostel room rent of Rs 1100/- per month or part thereof (totalling Rs 2200/- for the internship period)
- Additional Rs 20/- per day if you wish to rent a mattress + bucket
- Approximately Rs 100/- per day for food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) in the vacation mess
Of these, we will pay Rs. 6000/- directly to the institute, on your behalf. You will have to bear rest of the expenses on your own.
Application Deadline: February 8, 2015.
Click here for more details and apply now.
– Students graduating in Computer Science/Engineering, IT, or Electronics.
– Who will be completing 3rd year in April/May 2015. Students completing 2nd year, with exceptional academic performance and other achievements may also be considered.
– Students with experience in programming will be preferred.
The technologies you will be working on will include Linux, C/C++, Java, Servlet, JSP, Android, PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Python, Apache, Tomcat, etc., for software projects. Clicker system development is based on TI chips, which have a micro-controller and a combined radio/transmit-receive facility.
2. Internships in Cryptology, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata
Duration: 8 weeks (May 18-July 17, 2015)
Application Deadline: February 15, 2015
Students currently in following years can apply for this ISI Kolkata internship:
– 2nd/3rd year of BE/B.Tech in Computer Science/Electronics Engineering.
– 2nd/3rd year of B.Sc Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science. 2nd/3rd year of B.Math/B.Stat or equivalent.
– 1st year of M.Sc Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science.
– 1st year of M.Math/M.Stat or equivalent. 3rd/4th year of Integrated ME/M.Tech/MS – Computer Science/Electronics Engineering.
– 3rd/4th year of Integratded M.Sc Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science.
Every summer, Indian Statistical Institute offers a dedicated research internship program in Cryptology and Security to senior undergraduate and fresh post-graduate students from premier institutions of the country. Applications for the internship program are sought from eligible students of Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics and Statistics background.
he first selection will be based on the credentials of the applicants, and the selected candidates would be required to go through a three-week training program during 18 May – 5 June 2015. To judge the progress of the interns, an evaluation will be performed at the end of this training.
Only those candidates who successfully complete the initial training program, and qualify the evaluation, will be allowed to undertake a five-week project, during 8 June – 17 July 2015, under a faculty member as a part of the summer internship.
3. Visiting Students’ Research Program, National Centre for Radio Astrophysics – Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Duration: 8 weeks (May 4 – July 3, 2015)
Financials: Rs. 7000/- per month + hostel accommodation + 1.33 times the second-class return railway fare between the place of their residence or education and Pune. Based on their performance in the research project, the project seminar and subsequent interviews, outstanding students will be offered a research scholarship towards a Ph.D. at NCRA, to be taken up on completion of the qualifying degree.
Application Deadline: February 20, 2015
– Academically outstanding and highly motivated students with an interest in physics and astronomy, and who will complete their M.Sc. or Integrated M.Sc. degrees (in Physics, Astronomy, Applied Mathematics or Electronics) or their B.Tech./B.E. degrees (in any stream) in 2016.
The VSRP-2015 will consist of a research project on astronomy and astrophysics, either theoretical, observational or computational, depending on project availability and student preferences.
The National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (NCRA-TIFR), Pune, is a leading centre of research in a wide range of areas in Astronomy and Astrophysics. NCRA-TIFR offers exciting opportunities for research in Astronomy and Astrophysics, and instrumentation, with an emphasis on radio astronomy. NCRA-TIFR has built and operates the Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope, which is located near Pune, and is the most powerful radio telescope in the world at low radio frequencies.