Duties and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, performs variety of tasks in populating / procuring content for the product catalogs on the Amazon Web Site. Duties may include, content creation, population of content from various sources (including research on the internet), interacting / co-ordinating with vendor / manufacturers, identifying and correcting errors / complaints, maintaining records of work received and work performed etc.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Typing skill of 40 wpm with 100% accuracy.
- Preferably a domain expert.
- Multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Operate in the system with the speed and accuracy necessary to meet departmental standards.
- Handle stressful situations.
- Maintain composure in critical situations and communicate clearly with both internal and external customers.
- Passion for delivering great customer experience.
- Strong inter personal & communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent Data Accuracy skills.
- Eye for Detail.
- Commitment to meet Deadlines.
- Critical Qualities / Characteristics.
- Constructive spirit of discontent & Mental toughness.
- Practical ideas.
- Pace of implementation & consistency in performance.
- Willingness to take initiatives & responsibilities including 24/7/365 availability, including willingness to work on weekends, and outside of the “standard” work day
Bachelor degree in any discipline.
2. Manager Catalog
The team’s primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
Roles and Responsibility:
You will be responsible for an Operations team supporting multiple categories that populates/ procures content for the Amazon Catalog, works with vendors to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of products, and interact directly with Amazon internal customers across the globe (US, Canada, France, Germany, UK, China and Japan) to deliver to their requirements and work directly with the Category team to ensure the overall health of the processes is good. Duties may include, taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work of subordinates or others, outline procedures and instructions on work received, make time estimates on new jobs received, check accuracy / quality of content creation / population done by others, ensuring records are maintained accurately, ensuring utilization of team is high, mentor and train new team members.
- Work with vendors to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of products
- Work with vendors to increase improve processes and reduce order discrepancies
- Partner with vendors to ensure vendor compliance and scalable communication processes.
- Troubleshoot and drive resolutions with Vendors to ensure reliable and operationally effective flow of products; improve processes and reduce discrepancies; ensure vendor compliances and scalable communication processes.
- Work with various internal teams (e.g. supply chain, fulfillment center, system teams) to help drive tools and process improvements that affect vendor management workflows
- Participate in manufacturer and vendor reviews; drive vendor scorecard excellence.
3. Software Development Engineer, Amazon Student
As a Software Development Engineer, you will design and develop new systems which will bring a unique shopping experience to one of our most strategic customer segments. We’re looking to you for solving problems unique to our industry and creating new features that the industry has not seen before. We’re looking for people who are entrepreneurial and like to wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that mirrors more of a startup than a big company.
Click here for more details and apply now
- BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech in Computer Science or related field
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices including unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous integration, and operations
- Architecture skills, knowledge of design patterns, and strong fundamentals
- You are the type of person that codes for fun, quickly wins the respect of peers, and jumps at the chance to share knowledge and mentor
You may also like:
Internships at Morgan Stanley, Ernst and Young and ACI Worldwide!
Top 30 virtual internships & jobs of the week | Work from home and get paid!
Become the College representative for IIT Bombay and get a chance to intern with The Viral Fever(TVF)!