- Weekly seminars by Caltech faculty
- A professional development series on developing a research career, graduate school admissions, and other topics of interest to future researchers
- Various social and cultural activities
- Weekly small student-faculty dinners
- Special field trips
To be eligible for SURF, you must:
- Be a continuing undergraduate student
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5/4.0
- Complete the second semester or third quarter at your college or university
- Not be under any disciplinary sanction
The California Institute of Technology (Caltech) is a world-renowned science and Engineering research and education institution, where extraordinary faculty and students seek answers to complex questions, discover new knowledge, lead innovation, and transform our future. Caltech’s Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships program introduces students to research under the guidance of seasoned research mentors at Caltech. Students experience the process of research as a creative intellectual activity.
2. Summer Internship – The World Bank
Duration: 4 weeks
Stipend: Performance Based
Application Deadline: 31 Jan, 2015
To be eligible for the Internship, candidates must possess an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity. Generally, successful candidates have completed their first year of graduate studies or are already into their PhD programs.
3. Accessions Internship Programme – The World Trade Organization (WTO)
Duration: 6 months
Stipend: $2000 / Month
The interns must be: 1) nationals of LDCs or developing countries that are already WTO members; or 2) nationals of countries or customs territories engaged in the WTO accession process. Interns who are nationals of WTO members work in the Accessions Division while nationals of acceding countries or customs territories work in other divisions of the WTO.
Applications are accepted round the year. The earlier you apply, the better.Interns receive a daily allowance of CHF 60 (including weekends and official holidays that occur within the selected periods). In addition, travel expenses (economy class air fare) to and from Geneva are covered by the WTO.