If you’re planning to takeup an internship abroad, don’t forget to check out:
The Ultimate Packing List | 10 things you need to take along on your international internship!
1. Summer Research Expeditions (SRE) in Computational Sciences, Systems and Engineering – Johns Hopkins University
Location: Baltimore, Maryland (United States)
Duration: 10 weeks (May 25 – July 31, 2015)
Stipend: $4,500 + Housing
Application Deadline: March 2, 2015
Click here for more details and apply now.
SRE is an intensive, ten-week program to help undergraduates immerse themselves in research and taste the excitement of inventing. SRE is led by faculty members in Computer Science. Participants will be part of a research team, including one or more faculty mentors and/or a graduate student mentor, and will be expected to make contributions to a challenging research topic.
Example areas of research include Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Interactive Visualizations, Healthcare Cost-Effectiveness and Mobile Computing. See project list on the SRE program page for more details (http://www.cs.jhu.edu/sre/projectlist.html). Each participant is expected to present their summer findings in a poster and a final presentation session. In addition to research, you will participate in a class that teaches scientific presentation skills. You will be given the opportunity to go on lab and company tours. And, you will meet and socialize with some of your brightest peers from institutions around the country.
2. Practical Experience in an International Environment – International Atomic Energy Agency
Location(s): Monaco, Vienna, Austria
Duration: The duration of internships is normally not less than three months and not more than one year. However, a minimum of one month is also accepted.
Financials: For interns who do not receive full financial support from an institution, university or other source, a stipend shall be provided to assist basic subsistence costs during the internship period. Candidates will be asked on the application form whether or not they anticipate receiving financial support, in what amount, and whether or not they will be paying rent to a non-family third party during their internship.
The Agency provides medical insurance for the duration of each internship, unless an intern provides proof that he/she already has appropriate coverage. Interns are responsible for obtaining the necessary passport, visa or other documents that may be required for entering Austria or any other country where the internship will be performed. In Austria, non-Austrian interns who stay for more than three months will be issued a residency permit from the Austrian Foreign Ministry through the Agency.
In order to be eligible for the internship programme, applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have completed at least two years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of their first degree. Individuals may apply up to two years after the completion of their bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate degree. Applications submitted after that time will not be considered.
A working (oral and written) knowledge of English is essential. Knowledge of other official Agency languages is an advantage. Interns should be able to adapt to an international, multicultural, multilingual environment, have good communication skills and be able to work in a team.
Interns are selected from candidates whose study disciplines are relevant to the Agency’s work in the following fields:
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences/Humanities
- Information Technology
- Administration and Management
The purpose of the programme is:
- To provide interns with the opportunity to gain practical work experiences in line with their studies or interests, and expose them to the work of the Agency and the United Nations as a whole;
- To benefit the Agency’s programmes through the assistance of qualified students specialized in various professional fields.
3. Summer Internship Program 2015 – Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University
Duration: Summer internships are full time positions (35 hours/week) for 10 weeks.
The Summer 2015 program will run from June 1 through August 7.
Financials: Interns are paid $11.50 an hour, with the exception of certain opportunities for law students who receive summer public interest funds (more about these specific cases at the link for law students below).
Please be forewarned that payment may not be sufficient to cover living expenses in the Boston area. No other benefits are provided, and interns must make their own housing, insurance, and transportation arrangements.
Application Deadline: February 16, 2015
- Internships are open to students enrolled across the full spectrum of disciplines.
- Internships are open to students at different levels of academic study including those in bachelor’s, master’s, law, and Ph.D programs.
- Summer interns do not need to be U.S. residents or in school in the U.S.; indeed, we encourage international students to apply.
- Summer interns do not need an existing affiliation with Harvard University.
Becoming invaluable contributors to the Center’s operation and success, interns conduct collaborative and independent research under the guidance of Berkman staff, fellows, and faculty. Specific roles, tasks, and experiences vary depending on Center needs and interns’ skills; typically, the workload of each intern is primarily based under one project or suite of projects, with encouragement and flexibility to get involved in additional projects across the Center.
Interns would be working on following projects:
- Chilling Effects
- Cyberlaw Clinic
- Digital Media and Communications Squad
- Digital Media Law Project
- Digital Problem-Solving Initiative
- Freedom of Expression
- Geek Cave
- Youth and Media, and there are some more.
You should also check out:
Top 10 international internships | CalTech, Michigan State University, University of Wisconsin and more.
Top 3 international internships at Carnegie Mellon, University of Tokyo, and National Institute of Genetics, Japan.
Hottest International Internship of the month | 4 internships & fresher jobs at Quora.