1. (Summer Internship) Ishan Vikas – an Initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
Location: Any IIT and NIT in, or around your city is a host, hence they can be contacted for more details regarding when the programme will be running.
Duration: The programme for technical college students is 60 days. However, the duration depends on the convenience of the host institutions.
For the programme for engineering students, BE and BTech 6th semester students studying in government funded institutions can participate.
Certificates: Usually the host institution provides the students with a certificate of participation. In extraordinary circumstances where the host institution is not able to provide a certificate, IIT Guwahati may provide certificates to the participants on behalf of the host institutions.
Financials: Travel is covered by the programme on reimbursement basis. This may be processed through the parent institution. The rules pertaining to this may be found in the Resources section of the Ishan Vikas website. A stipend of Rs. 8000 is provided to the students to cover their accommodation and food cost.
The students are assigned a faculty member of the host institution based on mutual interest. They are expected to gain research experience and prepare for higher studies. The accompanying non-PhD teacher is expected to interact with faculty members in the host institution and explore potential areas for PhD research.
2. Technology Internship Programme, Mettl
Duration: 6 months
Stipend: Rs. 15,000 – 20,000
The selected intern(s) will work on following during the internship:
- Developing new features and modifications for Back-end Servers that make up Mettl Assessment Platform.
- Work with a team of smart front end and back-end developers to develop new functionality in the product.
- Work with Product Team to understand the change request and suggest best possible ways to implement a feature in quickest possible way.
- Analyzing a change request and come up with possible ways of implementing the same on the product.
- Estimating the development effort and doing all that it takes to take the change to production environment in the least possible manner.
- Unit Testing the functionality by you; at times get involved in load testing.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong Analytical ability.
- Clarity of concepts with SQL Databases; Ability to write SQL queries to interact with SQL Server.
- Ability in building Java based web application using any framework.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced.
- Must be able to demonstrate your love for programming.
- B.Tech in Computer Sc/Electronic/Electrical engineering. Development, validation of Windows/Android Driver, middleware and Firmware modules.
Candidate should also have following skills:
- Good knowledge and programming skills in C/C++, scripting languages like Perl, C#, OOPs concepts, OS concepts,
Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self motivated and willingness to learn and explore new technical domains.
- Good communication skills and effective team player.
- Agile and nimble in planning and execution.
- Good knowledge on cosumer products like Tablets, smartphones and multimedia products.