Internships in Microsoft Research India are either research internships or software-development internships. Research interns work with Microsoft Research’s full-time researchers on research topics that often lead to research publications. Development interns work with researchers and software engineers to develop a prototype application that implements a research idea or on an independent software project.
Intern candidates must be students enrolled in a relevant field of study, such as computer science, engineering, or social sciences with a focus on computer technology. The majority of the interns are PhD candidates; however, in some instances master’s and bachelor’s students who demonstrate a serious interest in research, are also accepted.
The work environment for interns in Microsoft Research India is flexible and independent, with mentorships tailored individually for each intern. Projects are chosen after discussions with mentors, aiming at defining a project of mutual interest. Interns co-author publications about research to which they contribute. If they lead the research effort, they will be the primary author. Many of our former interns are now enrolled in PhD programs at the world’s best research universities and have taken research positions in academia and industry.
2. Summer Internships(Computer Science and Civil Engineering) – IIT, Guwahati
Duration: 2 months
Financials: No stipend will be offered by the Dept. of Civil Engineering/Computer Scienceor IITG. However, in exceptional cases, supervisor may provide financial help from his research/consultancy projects as per Institutes rule.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2015
Eligibility and Procedure for application:
– Only those candidates appearing in the 3rd Year of their B.E./B.Tech degree in Civil/Computer Science Engineering are eligible for this program.
– Candidates may contact faculty members in the Dept. of Civil Engineering/Computer Science, IIT Guwahati, for their consent as supervisor and can identify possible projects for summer training prior to their application. Candidates having consent from the supervisor can send the signed Application Form mentioning the name of the supervisor along with a letter of reference from the HOD/Supervisor of the parent University/Institution and the same must be submitted before the last date of application.
– Incomplete applications NOT in the prescribed format without the name of the supervisor, cover letter, the letter of reference from the parent Institute and the application not signed will be rejected.
– The Department of Civil Engineering reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the positions.
3. Summer Fellowship Program – IIT, Madras
Duration: 2 months(May 2016 to July 2016)
Stipend: Rs. 5000/- per month per month will be given as a stipend for a maximum period of 2 months.
Application Deadline: 27th February 2015
Click here for more details and apply now.
Aerospace Engg, Applied Mechanics, Bio Technology, Chemical Engg, Civil Engg ,Computer Science & Engg, Engineeing Design, Electrical Engg, Mechanical Engg, Metallurgical & Materials Engg, Ocean Engg., Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management Studies.
– Candidates pursuing Third Year of B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc. (Engg)/Integrated M.E./M.Tech. programme, First Year of ME/M.Tech/M.Sc./M.A, MBA with outstanding academic background in terms of high ranks in university examinations are encouraged to apply, highlighting their academic performance and achievement including papers presented at seminars, projects executed, Design contests participated, score/rank in Mathematics Olympiad and any other awards/distinctions obtained.
– IIT students are not eligible to apply.