1. Visiting Student Research Programme 2016, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research’s Centre For Applicable Mathematics (TIFR CAM)
Duration: Summer internship is typically for a length of 1 or 2 months between May – July of each year, though longer internships and/or other times of the year are possible as well.
Application Deadline: 15 February, 2016
Eligibility: Anyone who is currently pursuing a bachelor’s or masters’s degree in mathematics, science or engineering fields anywhere in India.
The aim of this internship is to expose the student to an academic research experience and for the student to work towards problems of importance. The students are expected to have the ability to work fairly independently and to have a strong desire to be problem solvers. At the end of the internship, the students will be required to make a presentation and write a report of their work.
2. Quality Engineering Internship, Red Hat Inc.
In this role, you will join an international team of software developers and quality engineers immersed in the latest cutting-edge technology within the Linux domain. You’ll primarily focus on validating the Red Hat CloudForms Management Engine, which is based on the upstream ManageIQ project, a hybrid-cloud virtualization manager.
- Learn about software quality engineering efforts.
- Carry out and define functional test cases.
- Analyze software problems.
- Write clear and accurate bug reports.
- Deliver clear status for testing areas in a timely manner.
- Work with and potentially extend test automation script.
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems and command line interface.
- Active scripting skills using Python is a plus.
- Knowledge of using standard tools for development on Linux, e.g. Git is a plus.
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud computing technologies is a plus.
- Intermediate written and spoken English skills.
- Passion and desire for testing and examining how things work internally.
3. Associate Analyst, Ernst & Young
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
- MBA (International Business/Marketing/Finance);MA-Economics/Financial management
- Freshers may be considered
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Perform research in propriety EY databases & some external databases to identify the current & historical relationships of EY with the various parties involved in an engagement
- Upload the research output in the prescribed format in the designated online database
- Analyse the research to identify any probable conflicts of interest
- Prepare relevant communication for the engagement with respect to each conflict check request
- Identify potential conflicts of interest brought about by doing the assignment
- Identify risks that are specific to EY that may be brought about doing the assignment for certain commercial enterprises or doing certain work
- Determine whether the engagement can proceed in light of any issues identified
- Outline the steps to be taken by client service teams to mitigate the threats
- Facilitates and drives the process to completion by following up on requests from Q&RM Consultants and assisting the client team
- Understands key requirements of firm and regulators’ QRM rules and policies
- Performs initial review of submissions from client teams and evaluates completeness, accuracy and appropriateness of proposed transaction/requests.
- Acts as a liaison between the client teams, other members of the Q&RM team, and various functional areas within the firm
- Formulates answers to client questions
- Manages tasks and activities in a timely manner and is responsible for specific outcomes.