1. Athletto provides a cloud based common web platform, mobile application for all the sports enthusiasts – players, aficionados, professionals, coaches, sports academy managers, tournament organizers – to search and book great places to play sports around you. You can find the nearest sports arena, courts, fields, playgrounds, tournaments, events, activities, for sports such as cricket, badminton, football, tennis, table tennis, swimming, basketball, billiards, pool, kabaddi, aerobics, and more, all on the basis of your current location. You can find detailed information about the facilities provided, timings, coaching fees, hourly charges, actual pictures of the infrastructure where you can play, location details like map, address, telephone and website link, which are all presented in an easy to navigate, user-friendly app.
For players it means easy access to all kind of sports related services like sports infrastructure booking, coaching, tournaments, events etc. and for business owners it means a shift from pen and paper operations to a more sophisticated cloud based system, which can be managed from anywhere and from any device.
Founded in April 2015 by Ujwal Sutaria(IIM-A), Praveen Gadpayle (NITIE) and Narayana Vyas(IIM-A) Athletto was recognized at the India Sports Award organised by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry(FICCI) in February 2016, for their outstanding effort in promoting sports among the masses using technology.
They also secured an undisclosed amount of Angel funding recently, and have 8000 verified sports facilities, across 8 cities. “Currently our platform is facilitating 200+ daily transactions and have already facilitated more than 40,000 transaction handling an amount of Rs 1.5 Cr in less than 10 months,” Ujwal Sutaria, CEO of Athletto, said.
2. OneWayCab is an Ahmedabad-based startup, started by Vivek Kejriwal, Devang Sanghvi, Pankaj Gandhi, and Vikas Agarwal, in 2013, that offers a one-way inter-city taxi service.
The idea behind OneWayCab was to provide an alternative to the already existing taxi/cab services that charged a round-trip fare for a one-way trip, which objectively was an unfair deal for the customers involved. E.g. If you have to travel from Vadodara to Ahmedabad Airport, Surat to Mumbai, Pune to Mumbai Airport or Jaipur to Ajmer, you do not need to pay two-way return fare.
They come with a promise punctuality, well behaved and professional-minded drivers, transparent fares without any hidden, or additional charges, and a round-the-clock support team that is available for assistance, automatic invoice generation, zero cancellation fee, and a trust of over 24,000 passengers who have used the service since its launch. Currently, they are operating in 20+ cities, along 100+ one-way routes, and are preferred cab providers for brands like Radio Mirchi, General Electric, Bajaj Allianz, L & T and more.
They recently raised $450,000 funding from Indian Angel Network (IAN) as well.
Did you buy another year’s gym membership last year, only to get bored of the place and the exercise routine by the next month? A Pune-based startup is here to help you solve that problem, by allowing you to quit commitment to a single gym.
Founded in 2015, by Karan Murada, Aditya Shrivastava and Ashmeeta Mehndiratta, Fitato aims at revolutionizing the way people choose to stay fit, by creating the largest network of gym/fitness studios that can be accessed through a common membership. With just a single membership, you can workout in the Zumba studio next to your office, the gym near your home or may be a MMA class on your way to work – making fitness a fun, social and flexible activity.
With Fitato, you get:
– One pass for everything: Fitato membership gives you access to more than 150 partner Gyms and Fitness Facilities, in and around Pune, at the price of one.
– Book per session: You can scroll through the wide range of classes available and pick what you want to do for the day. Hit the gym one day. Circuit training, the other. Cool it down with a swim the next day. No restrictions. Zero boredom.
– Workout anytime: Find workouts and classes to reserve all through the day. Awkward work timings is no longer an excuse. With a few swipes, you can bookbook a class at your desired time and location. All you have to do is show up and get fit!
– Interact with the community: Read reviews, get fitness tips and socialize with other like-minded fitness freaks around you!
Speaking about the motivation behind starting Fitato, to Sakal Times, Murada said,We want fitness to be that one hour of the day that people actually look forward to and not dread. We want people to go out, try new things, meet different people and push themselves every day and come back the next day wanting more.”
4. BitGiving is a crowdfunding platform that enables artists, engineers, and creators of all kinds to come together in a bid to raise funds online and share their stories. Whether you are an individual or organisation looking to raise funds for an initiative you are working on, BitGiving is the platform for you. Put up your projects, explain your vision and why you need funds, invite your friends and share your campaign on social networks, and then let the virality take it forward!
Started by Ishita Anand in 2015, the Delhi based startup made headlines on numerous occasions for hosting crowd-funding campaigns for – the Indian Ice Hockey Team to attend the Asian Championship, providing help to survivors of acid attacks, helping Nepal on its feet after the 2015 earthquake, supporting Kuntal Joisher in his attempt to climb the Mt. Everest, stopping Frendicoes – an animal shelter, from shutting down, etc.
At Bitgiving, you can not only share and be part of ongoing campaigns, but also start an event – for example: your birthday, where you can ask your social circle to raise funds for a cause you believe in, instead of buying you presents, or throwing you a party. Nifty, isn’t it?
5. Started by Shripad Nadkarni, Shree Bharambe, Varun Khanna, Abhijit Berde, Fingerlix is a Mumbai-based food startup, that provides fresh ‘almost-ready’ food solutions like Batters, Mixes, Curries, Dals, Parathas and ‘fully-ready’ accompaniments to go with them. The aim is to be part of your cooking journey, and assist you in preparing yummy, finger-licking food, for yourselves and your family, by sourcing choicest ingredients, maintaining extremely high hygiene standards, making fresh food without any added preservatives or funny stuff and above all, inspiring your magical touch to transform every dish into ‘your dish’.Their products would be a mixture of Italian and Indian food, that would be available forhome-delivery, and will also hit the shleves in hypercity retail stores like Big Bazaar, and Reliance, with a shelf life of 5 days.